Explore some of the world’s finest National Parks, with North America’s most truly spectacular and extraordinary scenery, coupled with the endlessly fascinating history of the ‘Old West’
- Experience the unique landscapes and geology of Yellowstone, the world’s first National Park, with its geysers, hot springs, waterfalls and herds of bison, elk and grizzly bears
- Visit that iconic symbol of the USA – Mount Rushmore, with its colossal heads of four the USA’s greatest Presidents set in the Black Hills of South Dakota
- Drive through classic cowboy country in Wyoming and learn about its famous historical figures such as Wild Bill Hickok, Calamity Jane and Buffalo Bill
- See the site of Custer’s famous ‘Last Stand’ on the Little Bighorn battlefield
- Explore some of the remarkable, but lesser-known sights such as the Devil’s Tower, Mesa Verde and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison
- Gaze in awe at the incredible variety of sandstone arches, spires, balanced rocks and monoliths sculpted by nature in Arches National Park
- Travel on the historic Durango & Silverton steam railway amongst the spectacular scenery of the Colorado Rockies
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- Return direct scheduled flights
- The price of this holiday is per person based on two people sharing a twin room and includes: scheduled direct flights to Salt Lake City; all transfers; 14 nights accommodation in three-star hotels with 11 breakfasts (some continental); all tours as mentioned including visits to Arches, Mesa Verde, Black Canyon, Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone, & Grand Teton National Parks, Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower, guided tour of the Little Bighorn Battlefield, city tour of Salt Lake City & Denver, Durango & Silverton railway; porterage of one item of luggage per person; the services of a Riviera tour manager. Please note: adverse weather conditions may result in some road closures in Yellowstone in early or late season.
- Visas & Health
- VISA AND HEALTH INFORMATION
- British passport holders do not require a visa under the USA Visa Waiver Programme (The VWP allows most British Citizen passport holders to visit the US for up to 90 days).British passport holders qualifying for the Visa Waiver programme must apply online for authorisation to enter the USA, for which there is an administration fee of $14 per person. This may only be submitted online by visiting the official websitehttps://esta.cbp.dhs.govand registering at least 72 hours prior to travel. Without authorisation prior to travel, admission may be denied at a US port of entry.Holders of non-British passports will need to contact the American Embassy in London for details at least three months prior to departure. Details can be found on:https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/tourism-visitor/how-to-apply/
- As of 01 April 2016, all travellers wishing to enter the US under the VWP now need to hold a passport with an integrated chip (an ePassport).Your passport is an ePassport if it carries theinternationally recognised symbolon the front cover.If you do not have an e-passport then you have two options. Either apply for a new passport which contains the embedded electronic chip or obtain a US Tourism & Visitor visa via the following link:https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/tourism-visitor/how-to-apply/
- From 21 January 2016 most people who have travelled to Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria since March 2011, or are dual nationals of these countries, will no longer qualify for entry under the Visa Waiver Programme and existing ESTAs could be revoked. You will instead need to apply for a visa from the nearest US Embassy or Consulate.
- If you are in any doubt about whether you qualify for the VWP, or if you’re concerned that an existing ESTA may have been cancelled, you should contact the US Embassy or Consulate.
- Whilst care has been taken to ensure that the information provided relating to visa requirements is true and correct at time of publication, changes in requirements after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of this information. Therefore, whilst we strive to provide the most up-to-date information, we strongly suggest that you re-confirm requirements with the relevant embassy prior to application.
- There are no current health requirements for the USA. However, whilst the travelling schedule shall pose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we would point out that we often enjoy walking tours (sometimes over unmade paths) of the various places of interest.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).