Walking on Lanzarote & Fuerteventura
The entire island of Lanzarote is a UNESCO biosphere reserve, and it contains no less than 13 ‘protected areas’ including a Spanish National Park - Timanfaya, where Raquel Welch was memorably filmed in ‘One Million Years BC’. As your base we have chosen Playa Blanca, a quieter resort in the extreme south of the island, close to the Papagayo nature reserve. The artist Cesar Manrique left an indelible mark on the island, not just in the artistic heritage, but in his (and his followers’) dedication to maintaining the unique landscapes of his island and opposition to tasteless over-development. As you explore Lanzarote, you will see that hi-rise building has been avoided, that the traditional rural architecture with its white buildings and striking green paintwork has been respected, and above all that the island’s extraordinary landscapes have remained unblemished.
- Return flights from a choice of UK airports to Lanzarote
- Seven nights three-star accommodation in Playa Blanca on Lanzarote with half-board
- Three fully guided walks – two in Lanzarote and one on Fuerteventura
- Option to extend your holiday
- Services of a resort representative
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).