Vietnam & Cambodia Tour
In the past few years Vietnam has opened its doors to the world and much has changed. Today, in one of the world’s last communist countries, the motorcycles and western dress of the industrious youth happily co-exist with orange-clad Buddhist monks and political posters from a different era. Hanoi and Saigon still retain a French flavour in their pavement cafes, architecture and wide tree-lined boulevards. We also visit the limestone archipelago of Halong Bay, the ancient royal capital of Hue and a full-day guided visit to the fascinating Mekong Delta.
In Cambodia our tour includes a stay in the capital, Phnom Penh, with its vibrant riverside ambience it’s one of the ‘hidden gems’ of Asian cities. A short flight away is the town of Siem Reap, gateway to the incredible complex of temples within the ancient city of Angkor. At its height in the thirteenth century, Angkor had a staggering million inhabitants and was the capital of the fabulously wealthy Khmer Empire. The incredible state of preservation and artistry of its sculptures have, for many, made Angkor one of the great wonders of the world.
- Return direct scheduled flights from London Heathrow
- Stay in excellent quality four and five-star hotels
- A fascinating tour visiting the major sights of Vietnam, the very essence of Indochina, experiencing its captivating blend of French colonial history, Vietnamese life and beautiful rural scenery
- Visit the vast ancient city and temples of Angkor in Cambodia - considered to be one of the greatest ancient sites in the world, comparable to ancient Rome or the Pyramids
- Stay and tour Phnom Penh, known as the ‘Pearl of Asia’ and considered the most beautiful of French colonial cities in Indochina
- Tour of Hanoi by cycle rickshaw, including the Temple of Literature and Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum
- Take a leisurely cruise aboard a converted Chinese junk in the limestone archipelago of Halong Bay
- Visit the awe-inspiring Citadel and Forbidden City in the former imperial capital of Hue
- Stay in the heart of exciting Saigon visiting the fascinating Cu-Chi tunnels, a poignant reminder of the US-Vietnam conflict
- Enjoy a full day tour and cruise along the mighty Mekong River delta
- Daily breakfast and five meals included
- Escorted by an experienced tour manager
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room; thirteen nights on bed-and-breakfast in four & five-star hotels, five lunches; all flights as mentioned; guided tours of Hanoi, Halong Bay cruise, Hue, Saigon, Cu Chi tunnels, Mekong Delta and Phnom Penh, plus one-day entrance and guided tour of Angkor; services of an experiencedRiviera tour manager. Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement (date dependant)from £399 to £439per person.
- Vietnam visas: British passport holders no longer require a visa to enter Vietnam between 1st of July 2015 and 30th June 2016. The requirement is that you have at least 6 months validity on your passport from the date you are due to return home and that you must leave 30 days between exit and re-entry into Vietnam. Each visit can be no longer than 15 days.
- Cambodia visas: Available on arrival in Phnom Penh upon completion of a simple application form and payment of $30 per person. You will also need two passport-sized photos and if you arrive without photos, there is an extra charge of around $2 per person. Visas may also be arranged and paid for online prior to departure: please see http://www.cambodianembassy.org.uk for details.
- Please note all visa costs are non-refundable and subject to change without notice. Whilst care has been taken to ensure that the information provided relating to visa requirements is true and correct at time of publication, changes in requirements after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of this information. Therefore, whilst we strive to provide the most up-to-date information, we strongly suggest that you re-confirm requirements with the relevant embassy prior to application.
- Whilst the travelling schedule shall pose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we would point out that in visiting a number of historical sites, paths may be uneven and we often enjoy walking tours of the main sights, therefore this holiday may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. In the tropics temperatures and humidity levels are quite high for most of the year. Please consult your GP regarding the appropriate inoculations required for Vietnam & Cambodia at least a month before departure.
- Whilst the travelling schedule shall pose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we would point out that in visiting a number of historical sites, paths may be uneven and we often enjoy walking tours of the main sights. Therefore this holiday may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. In the tropics temperatures and humidity levels will also be quite high for most of the year. Please consult your GP regarding the appropriate inoculations required for Vietnam & Cambodia at least a month before departure.
- To make the most of your trip, we recommend you check the Foreign Office website at www.fco.gov.uk/travel
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).