Provence is a most irresistible land of striking natural beauty and great diversity, fields of lavender, interspaced with vineyards and olive groves, crowned by the hills of the Luberon.
The desolate wilderness of the Camargue is fascinating, with its white horses galloping across flat wetlands, herds of black bulls and striking flocks of pink flamingos.
Historically the Greeks visited, the Phoenicians traded, the Saracens looted, but most of all the Romans settled; they have all left their legacies.
Aix en Provence, Paris-like in stature and style yet village-like in pace and ambience, its old quarter is street upon colourful street of traditional shops with quiet and hidden squares. The majestic Mont St. Victoire, immortalised by Cézanne, towers over it all. This is the real France so beloved by Van Gogh, Renoir and countless other artists who worked here, finding inspiration in the colour and luminosity of light.
All the fragrances and colours of this sunburnt land are found in its cuisine and it is all washed down with some of the finest wine in the world.
- Tour of colourful Cassis and including a boat trip to see the stunning Calanques
- Guided walking tour of Aix-en-Provence, Provence’s stylish capital
- Visit to Avignon – home of the Pope’s Palace and almost mythical bridge Walking tour of Arles, capital of Roman Gaul, with an iconic amphitheatre and immortalised by Van Gogh
- Tour of the Camargue, one of France’s finest nature reserves, famous for its black bulls, white horses and pink flamingos
- Tour of the Luberon Hills and it’s timeless Provencal villages so vividly described in Peter Mayle’s book ‘A Year in Provence’
- Visit to the Pont du Gard, one of the ancient Romans’ largest aqueducts
- The price of this holiday is per person based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability on request and subject to supplement. The price includes flights to Nice or Marseille or return standard class rail travel on Eurostar and TGV to Aix en Provence, airport departure taxes, coach transfers to the hotel, all tours as mentioned, seven nights bed and buffet breakfast, two dinners in hotels, two dinners in local restaurants and the services of a Riviera tour manager.
- Please Note: There are only a limited number of twin rooms at the Novotel - most have one king sized bed and one convertible single bed. Room type available will be confirmed upon booking.
- NOT INCLUDED: Entrance to Papal Palace and Bridge in Avignon €13, Petit Palais museum €6, approximate costs, payable locally.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).