The Seine, Paris & Normandy River Cruise - MS Swiss Ruby
From romantic Paris, we slip our moorings and commence our wonderfully scenic cruise along the beautiful and majestic Seine into the heart of one of France's most historic and picturesque regions, Normandy. With time to enjoy the historic little town of Les Andelys en route, we continue our journey along the Seine’s sweeping meanders, before exploring the delights of Rouen, one of Europe’s finest medieval cities with its stunning cathedral and tangle of atmospheric winding streets.
Passing the legendary Jumiege Abbey, we moor in the pretty village of Caudebec with time after dinner for an evening stroll in this most typical of French villages. Then to Bayeux, spared significant war damage, it retains its wealth of splendid buildings as well as the legendary and stunning tapestry for which it is so famed. We also see some of the many thought-provoking monuments and places along the Normandy coast and reflect on the remarkable story of the D-Day landings on our visit to Gold Beach and theremnants of Mulberry Harbour. Our cruise would not be complete without avisit to charming Honfleur - its near perfect waterfront of tall pastel-coloured 18thcentury houses, traditional shops and maze of streets providing the inspirationfor the Impressionist painter Claude Monet to paint here many times.
Countless sleepy villagessilentlydrift by as we arrive in delightful Vernon, from where we take the shortdrive to Giverny visiting Claude Monet’s home and one of the world’s mostfamous and most painted gardens. Enjoy the quintessentially half-timberedstreets of Vernon before we continue ontoour final destination, one of the world’s most iconic and romantic cities,Paris. From the Notre Dame to the Arc de Triomphe, the Sacre-Coeur to theEiffel Tour, the Louvre to the Pompidou Centre, the smart shopping of theGaleries Lafayette to bohemian Montmatre, the list is endless and the varietyarguably unmatchable;this breathtaking citynever fails to inspire no matter how many times you get the chance to visit.
- Guided tour of historic Rouen
- Visit to Claude Monet's house and beautiful garden
- Explore Vernon, one of Normandy's most picturesque towns
- Guided tour of Paris
- See the Bayeux Tapestry
- Tour the D-Day Normandy Beaches
- Stop in Les Andelys, village of half-timbered houses and twisted alleys
- Visit to delightful Honfleur, one of Normandy’s most alluring fishing ports
- Cruise through the delightful Seine Valley
- Price includes full board (except one lunch), from dinner on your day of arrival to breakfast on your final day
- Services of a Riviera Travel cruise director
- Standard class reserved seat on Eurostar from London St. Pancras or return flights from selected airports (at a supplement)
- Selected departures from June to October 2019
- Prices are per person, based on two people sharing a twin cabin with a limited number of single cabins available on all decks, at the relevant supplement. The price includes full board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day (excluding one lunch); if you choose to travel with us on any of the full day excursions by coach, a packed lunch will be provided. Anyone choosing to stay on the ship may of course have lunch in the restaurant; morning/afternoon tea and coffee; all visits and excursions as mentioned in the brochure, airport/station transfers, coach travel as mentioned, travel to and from port of embarkation and the services of a Riviera Travel Cruise Director.
- Please note that on-board Wi-Fi speeds may vary.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).