Romantic Rhine, Black Forest & Alsace
The majestic Rhine cuts through magnificent mountains, meandering past charming medieval towns, fairy-tale castles, the steep terraced vineyards of Alsace, and the wooded slopes of the Black Forest. Witness Germany’s landscape at its most dramatic, a fitting backdrop for a magical journey of discovery and unforgettable experiences.
- Seven nights at excellent quality four-star hotels, with breakfast and three dinners
- Guided tour of medieval Cologne with its Gothic cathedral, often voted Germany’s most popular attraction
- Tour the wonderfully scenic Rhine Valley
- Guided tour of spa town Wiesbaden, known as the ‘Nice of the North’
- Visit to the wine-making town of Rüdesheim and a visit to Kloster Eberbach monastery, featured in the film adaptation of The Name of the Rose
- Visit to Worms, once the capital of the Burgundian Kingdom
- Visit to baroque Heidelberg and the spa town of Baden-Baden
- Tour of the medieval university city of Freiburg, plus a complimentary tourist Welcome Card that includes three days’ travel on public transport and travel on the Schauinsland cable car
- Visit to Colmar, one of France’s most perfectly preserved medieval towns
- Tour of Alsace’s scenic wine route with wine tasting
- Visit to the timeless Black Forest, inspiration for some of our most beloved fairy tales
- Visit to the mountain town of Triberg, famed for its cuckoo clocks and the Black Forest gateau
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- Return rail connections available on selected dates from over 50 regional stations
- Return standard class reserved seat on Eurostar and TGV (French high-speed train) from London St. Pancras
- The price of this holiday is per person based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at a supplement of £189. Eurostar and onward rail, transfers, 7 nights’ accommodation, with breakfast and 3 dinners. Guided tours of Cologne and Wiesbaden, orientation tour of Freiburg, visit to Heidelberg, Colmar & Alsace wine route, Triberg, Titisee & the Black Forest, 3 day Freiburg Welcome card (includes use of local transport and the Schauinsland cable car) all other visits as mentioned and the services of a Riviera tour manager.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).