The Blue Danube - MS Thomas Hardy
From Budapest, we head on our journey to Esztergom spending the morning exploring its historic centre, which once was Hungary’s capital, before continuing westwards to the beautiful old town of Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. Navigating through Lower Austria we then reach the romantic town of Dürnstein, where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned. We then visit the remarkable monastery in Melk, with its 200m long Emperor’s Gallery.
Soon we arrive in Linz from where we take the drive to Salzburg. During the guided tour of the old town we will see the imposing fortress Hohensalzburg towering over the city and of course the birthplace and residence of Mozart, Salzburg’s most famous citizen. On our way back eastwards we will reach classical Vienna, home of Strauss and many great composers. This city offers up so much wonderful architecture as well as a host of other things to see including the Spanish riding school.
Finally, cruising into Hungary, we arrive back in imperial Budapest, along the picturesque Danube. After a guided tour of this palatial city, the captain hosts another spectacular dinner, an excellent finale to this exceptional cruise.
- Guided tour of Vienna, city of Strauss and home of the Hapsburgs
- Visit to baroque Bratislava, capital of Slovakia
- Cruise through the scenic Wachau, Austria’s premier wine region
- Visit to Melk Abbey, central Europe’s most spectacular baroque monastery, and one of its premier academic institutions
- Visit to medieval Dürnstein where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned whilst returning from the Crusades
- Tour of Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart and one of Austria’s most beautiful cities
- Explore the amazing basilica at Esztergom, Hungary’s oldest cathedral
- Tour of Budapest, Pearl of the Danube
- Return flights from selected airports
- Seven night's full-board accommodation
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).