Southern India & the backwaters of Kerala
An outstandingly comprehensive tour of India’s southern states, Tamil Nadu and Kerala, discovering their remark cities, thought-provoking temples and astonishing natural wonders
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room. Scheduled flights to Chennai and from Cochin via Colombo; all transfers; twelve nights accommodation in three, four and five-star hotels with breakfast; five meals; guided visits to Fort St George in Chennai, temples at Mahabalipuram, Tanjore and Madurai, guided tour of Pondicherry and Chettinadu region, walking tour of a spice plantation and Periyar nature walk, day-cruise on the Kerala backwaters by houseboat, city tour of Cochin; porterage of one item of luggage per person; the services of a Riviera tour manager
- NOT INCLUDED: India visa,
- All British passport holders require a visa for India. Please ensure that you have at least two empty pages in your passport and that your passport is valid for a minimum of 190 days from the time of submitting your visa application. At the time of departure you will be able to travel as long as both the passport and the visa are valid.
- India visas: Single entry tourist visas cost £80 per person, plus a £10.20 service charge and a £2 consular fee and can be applied for in person or by post.
- Personal applications: to apply for an Indian visa please visit http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk where you can apply, pay online and schedule an appointment to submityour application in person at your nearest centre, dependent on your home address.
- Postal applications: you must either apply and pay online, print off the completed application form, payment confirmation and submit by post; or alternatively, you may apply online, print off the completed application and submit along with payment by postal order. Personal cheques are NOT accepted. In both cases you must submit your passport along with a self addressed stamped envelope and two, 2” passport photos to: Indian Visa application Centre (WEST LONDON), The Visa Centre, First Floor - Part A Block, 50 Salisbury Road, Hounslow, TW4 6JQ
- Please note handwritten applications are no longer accepted. Full details of costs, application form and addresses can be found on http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk, email: [emailprotected]/* */or tel: 0905 7570045 (calls cost 95p per minute). Visa fees are subject to change without notice and non-refundable.
- Health Matters
- Whilst the travelling schedule shall pose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we would point out that in visiting a number of historical sites, paths may be uneven and uphill and we often enjoy walking tours of the main sights. Therefore this holiday may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. In the tropics temperatures and humidity levels will also be quite high for most of the year. Please consult your GP regarding the appropriate inoculations required for India at least a month before departure.
- To make the most of your trip, we recommend you check the Foreign Office website at www.fco.gov.uk/travel
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).