Santiago, Bilbao & the highlights of Castile & Leon
To the discerning traveller, Spain is one of Europe’s most varied countries bursting with wonderful historic buildings, fascinating cultural icons, rugged mountain massifs and huge expanses of astonishing natural beauty. Different from much of modern Europe, tradition and regional identity is still the norm here, so discover the fascination of some of Spain’s truly haunting interior and the splendours of the iconic Basque, Castile and León regions.
- Visit to Bilbao’s Guggenheim Museum, showcasing 20th century fine paintings, sculpture and modern art masterpieces Tour of one of Rioja’s most famous vineyards
- Guided tour of Burgos and visit to the outstanding Gothic Cathedral, where England’s Edward I was married and El Cid, one of the Middle Age’s most heroic figures lies buried
- Tour of León, with some of Europe’s earliest Romanesque buildings
- Tour Picos de Europa, a splendid national park with some of Europe’s most breathtaking alpine scenery
- Guided tour of the medieval gem of Santiago de Compostela, one of Spain’s most visually stunning cities and the final destination of 12th century Christendom’s third holiest pilgrimage
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at a supplement of £229 per person. The price includes seven nights four-star and four-star superior accommodation with breakfast and four dinners including two at local restaurants, airport departure taxes and transfers, return flights to Santander, visit to Bilbao’s Guggenheim Museum, winery tour, guided tours of Burgos, León and Santiago, entrance into Burgos Cathedral and the services of a Riviera tour manager
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).