Rouen, Honfleur & the Highlights of Normandy for Solo Travellers
When it comes to short breaks that offer something a little different, Normandy is tough to beat. It really is one of the truly unspoilt corners of Europe. The region is verdant with patchworks of fields and half-timbered buildings, and if the scenic landscapes aren’t enticing enough, Normandy is also oft-called ‘cider and cream country’.
The history of Normandy is somewhat familiar, as it is intertwined with our own, making it ideal for solo travellers. All around are reminders of Richard the Lionheart, Joan of Arc, the D-Day landings, and perhaps the most famous of all, William the Conqueror of England. What’s more, the same Vikings who visited Normandy also visited Britain. This shared heritage means it’s no surprise that present-day Normans seem to have more in common with us than with the rest of the French. This is enough to make any traveller feel right at home.
- Explore Bayeux, home to the historic Bayeux Tapestry
- Guided historic walk of Rouen, one of France’s most perfectly preserved medieval cities
- Visit Fécamp, renowned for the stunning Benedictine Palace
- Visit the picturesque port of Honfleur
- Visit Arromanches and one of the WWII D-Day beaches
- Four nights in four-star accommodation, including all local taxes, with breakfast
- Welcome dinner to break the ice and get to know your tour manager and like-minded travel companions
- Services of our experienced tour manager
- Return rail connections available on selected dates from over fifty regional stations and return standard class reserved seat on Eurostar from London St Pancras International, with transfers to and from your hotel included.
- Selected departures up to October 2018
- The price of this holiday is per person based on one person in a double/twin room for sole occupancy. The holiday includes standard class return seat on Eurostar, four nights’ accommodation with breakfast, all local accommodation taxes, all tours as mentioned and services of a Riviera Travel tour manager. Included excursions are: a guided walk of Rouen, a visit to Arromanches and a visit to the Honfleur
- Not included: Bénédictine distillery €5.20, Bayeux Tapestry €7.50 and Arromanches Museum €6.20 – all approximate costs and payable locally.