Rouen, Honfleur & the Highlights of Normandy
For a short break with a difference, Normandy is hard to beat – it really is one of the truly unspoilt corners of Europe. The region is lush and green, with its patchwork of tiny fields and half-timbered buildings and if the beautiful landscapes alone were not enticing enough, Normandy is also known as ‘Cider and Cream Country’ which requires no further explanation!
The history of Normandy is so intertwined with our own. You will see echoes of Joan of Arc, the D-Day landings, Richard the Lionheart and of course the most famous of all, William, the “Conqueror” of England. Everything in Normandy seems vaguely familiar, yet foreign, it’s hard to put your finger on it exactly. This is hardly surprising really as not only is so much of our heritage shared – the same Vikings who visited Normandy also visited Britain. In fact the present day Normans seem to have more in common with us, than they do with the rest of the French! So there is no doubt you will be made to feel at home. Rouen, Bayeux, Honfleur, Fécamp, Arromanches – some of the names you’ll know and some of them you won’t but that’s the beauty of Normandy, it’s sheer variety, so come with us and see.
- Return rail connections available on selected dates from over fifty regional stations and return standard class reserved seat on Eurostar from London St Pancras International
- Four nights, with breakfast in three-star superior or four-star hotel in the heart of medieval Rouen
- Visit to the historic Bayeux Tapestry
- Guided historic walk of Rouen, one of France’s most perfectly preserved medieval cities
- Visit to Benedictine Palace - home of the famous liqueur
- Visit to the picturesque port of Honfleur
- Visit to Arromanches and one of the WWII D-Day beaches
- Escorted by one of our experienced tour managers
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at a supplement of £159 for Litteraire Gustave Flaubert and £189 for Mercure Rouen Champ de Mars per person. The holiday includes standard class return seat on Eurostar, four nights accommodation with breakfast, all tours as mentioned and services of a Riviera tour manager.
- Not included: Bénédictine distillery €5.20, Bayeux Tapestry €7.50 and Arromanches Museum €6.20, approximate costs, payable locally.
- Please note there is a £10, £30 or £50 supplement for certain regional stations. If your preferred station is not available, please contact the office, as we may be able to request it for you.
- Standard Premier Class Upgrade
- In order to enjoy your Eurostar experience to the full, you may upgrade to Standard Premier Class for only £139 return, subject to availability. This price includes a complimentary light meal, offered from a selection of sweet and savoury cold snacks and includes a drink appropriate to the time of day, served at your seat while you relax in the spacious comfort of Standard Premier Class. For further details or to add the Standard Premier Class upgrade, please call our Reservations Team on 01283 888 946 .
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).