Rhine, Strasbourg & Heidelberg - Five-star MS William Shakespeare
Stepping aboard you will appreciate the superb surroundings of your floating luxury hotel for the next seven nights with spacious and well-appointed cabins or suites, private bathrooms and meticulously prepared fine cuisine.
From Cologne, we slip our moorings and head on our journey south to Koblenz spending a morning exploring this historic town sitting at the confluence of the Rhine and Moselle rivers then continuing to the beautiful old town of Boppard for the evening. Continuing our journey we navigate through the outstanding natural beauty of the world-famous Rhine Gorge onto Mainz famous for the ‘Gutenberg’ Bibles. Next we enjoy a guided tour of stunning Heidelberg, on the route of Europe’s ‘Grand Tour’, nestling by the picturesque river Neckar.
By day five, we arrive in Strasbourg, a delightful city with its centre largely unchanged since the 14th century, a mosaic of winding alleys and lanes lined with quirkily crooked, half-timbered houses. During periods of its history Strasbourg has been both German and French, and today you can see this influence in its language, cuisine and appearance, creating a truly individual city. Then to Colmar, almost embarrassingly perfect - a typically quaint medieval Alsatian town.
The following day we return journey downstream, stopping in Rudesheim one of the liveliest towns on the river, before continuing through the Rhine Gorge to Cologne. Here we enjoy a guided walking tour of the city with time to explore the stunning cathedral, an excellent finale to this most wonderful cruise.
For all 2018 departures we now offer a drinks package, at a cost of £99 per person for this cruise. This includes the following with lunch and dinner: draught beer; non-alcoholic beer; soft drinks; juices; red, white and rose house wines; and wine recommendations from the menu.
The drinks package must be added to your booking prior to departure you can do this by calling the reservations team. If you choose not to purchase a drinks package, or you are travelling in 2017, there is a vast selection of drinks on board each ship available for individual purchase.
- 7 nights on some of Europe's best rivers
- Standard class reserved seat on Eurostar from London St. Pancras or flight from Heathrow, Manchester, Birmingham or Edinburgh
- Return rail connections on selected dates from more than 30 regional stations
- Take a stroll through the winding streets of Koblenz
- Relax at your leisure in Boppard with ample time to explore the stunning castle - a must!
- Cruise through the spectacular Rhine Gorge
- Visit to Mainz - capital of the Rhineland and a centre of Germany’s winelands
- Guided tour of majestic Heidelberg - follow in the footsteps of philosophers and poets
- Enjoy a guided tour of historic Strasbourg - capital of Alsace
- Take a scenic drive through beautiful Alsatian countryside to the pretty town of Colmar
- Visit to Cologne and see its magnificent gothic cathedral
- Price includes full-board from dinner on your first day of arrival until breakfast on your last day
- The services of our experienced tour manager
- Prices are per person, based on two people sharing a twin cabin with a limited number of single cabins available on all decks, at the relevant supplement. The price includes full board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day; if you choose to travel with us on any of the full day excursions by coach, a packed lunch will be provided. Anyone choosing to stay on the ship may of course have lunch in the restaurant; morning/afternoon tea and coffee; all visits and excursions as mentioned in the itinerary, airport/station transfers, coach travel as mentioned, travel to and from port of embarkation and the services of a Riviera Travel Cruise Director
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).