Rhine, Strasbourg and Heidelberg - Five-star MS Emily Brontë
From Cologne, we slip our mooring and head on our journey south to Koblenz, sitting at the confluence of the Rhine and Moselle. We spend a morning exploring this historic town and then continue to the beautiful old town of Boppard. We cruise through the outstanding natural beauty of the Rhine Gorge and onto Mainz, famous for the ‘Gutenberg’ Bibles. Next we enjoy a guided tour of stunning Heidelberg, on the route of Europe’s ‘Grand Tour’, nestling by the picturesque river Neckar.
By day five, we arrive in Strasbourg, a delightful city with its centre largely unchanged since the 14th century, a mosaic of winding alleys and lanes lined with quirkily crooked, half-timbered houses. Then to Colmar, a typically quaint medieval Alsatian town.
The following day we return downstream, stopping in Rüdesheim one of the liveliest towns on the river, before continuing through the Rhine Gorge to Cologne. Here we enjoy a guided walking tour of the city with time to explore the stunning cathedral, an excellent finale to the cruise.
For all 2018 departures we now offer a drinks package, at a cost of £99 per person for this cruise. This includes the following with lunch and dinner: draught beer; non-alcoholic beer; soft drinks; juices; red, white and rose house wines; and wine recommendations from the menu.
The drinks package must be added to your booking prior to departure you can do this by calling the reservations team. If you choose not to purchase a drinks package, or you are travelling in 2017, there is a vast selection of drinks on board each ship available for individual purchase.
- Take a stroll through the winding streets of Koblenz
- Relax at your leisure in Boppard with ample time to explore the stunning castle
- Cruise through the spectacular Rhine Gorge
- Visit to Mainz, capital of the Rhineland and a centre of Germany’s wine lands
- Guided tour of majestic Heidelberg, follow in the footsteps of philosophers and poets
- Enjoy a guided tour of historic Strasbourg, capital of Alsace
- Take a scenic drive through beautiful Alsatian countryside to the pretty town of Colmar
- Visit Cologne and see its magnificent Gothic Cathedral
- Return standard class Eurostar and return rail connections on selected dates from over thirty regional stations to London, or return flights from selected airports (at a supplement)
- Full-board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).