Rhine Cruise to Switzerland - MS Oscar Wilde
On our journey through the Rhine valley, we visit historic Koblenz where we have time to explore the old town at the confluence of both the Rhine and Moselle rivers. Next, we continue our navigation through the dramatic Rhine Gorge where the sheer valley walls tower over 400m above our heads and onto Rudesheim, where we enjoy another evening complemented with an excellent dinner on board.
As the Rhine widens and the landscape becomes less rugged, our cruise continues south, stopping in fascinating Rudesheim onto medieval Speyer with its stunning Romanesque Basilica that dominates this pretty town.
Next day we arriveat the city of Strasbourg where you enjoy a walking tour of the old town. Continuing, we drive through the typical rolling tree-clad massif of the Black Forest onto the charming town of Titisee, nestling on the shores of its namesake lake. Our final destination is Switzerland where we moor in Basel.
Experience the most breathtaking Alpine scenery on earth on a mountain rail journey into the spectacular Bernese Oberland, seeing the majestic Eiger and Jungfrau, then discover Switzerland’s most attractive city, magnificent Lucerne, on our included tour.
- Explore medieval Koblenz
- Visit to the pretty, romantic town of Rüdesheim - centre of the Rhineland wine trade
- Cruise through the spectacular Rhine Gorge
- An evening in Speyer - dominated by the imposing basilica
- Guided tour of Strasbourg - amazingly rich in a wealth of sights
- Visit to the old walled town of Breisach
- Tour of the beautiful Black Forest and lakeside town of Titisee
- Tour of some of the finest Swiss Alpine scenery, seeing the Jungfrau and the Eiger and the stunning lakeside town of Lucerne
- Standard class reserved seat on Eurostar from London St. Pancras or return flights from selected airports (at a supplement)
- Full-board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day
- The services of a cruise director and tour manager
- Selected departures from April to October 2019
- Prices are per person, based on two people sharing a twin cabin with a limited number of single cabins available on all decks, at the relevant supplement. The price includes full board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day; if you choose to travel with us on any of the full day excursions by coach, a packed lunch will be provided. Anyone choosing to stay on the ship may of course have lunch in the restaurant; morning/afternoon tea and coffee; all visits and excursions as mentioned in the brochure, airport transfers, coach travel as mentioned, travel to and from port of embarkation and the services of a Riviera Travel Tour Manager.
- Please note that Wi-Fi speeds on board may vary.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).