Rhine & Moselle River Cruise - Five-star MS Jane Austen
This wonderful cruise visits some of the most fascinating and beautiful sights straddling the majestic Rhine and Moselle, two of Europe’s most picturesque rivers. Your floating accommodation for your tour is one of the most luxurious vessels navigating these delightful rivers.
Following embarkation in Cologne, we meander south on the Rhine to Rudesheim, visiting the old town of Koblenz and then to Boppard, known as ‘the Pearl of the Rhine’ en route. Cruising through the Rhine Gorge, we experience spectacular scenery, emerald vineyards and a landscape studded with half-timbered houses and picturesque villages.
Our journey then takes us upstream and then along the Moselle river calling in the delightful town of Cochem and the romantic twin village of Traben-Trarbach. At our furthest port of call, Bernkastel, we also visit Trier, the oldest city in Germany, famous for its Roman amphitheatre, baths and the imposing Porta Nigra, the huge fortified gate that formed the eastern border of the Roman Empire.
Cruising back downstream, we have time to relax and absorb the stunning scenery along the Moselle valley, rejoining the Rhine and heading north, to Cologne. Here we take a guided city tour seeing the stunning cathedral with the most intricate stained glass in Europe.
All in all a spectacular and relaxing cruise in some of the finest landscape that Germany has to offer, appreciated from a most privileged vantage point.
For all 2018 departures we now offer a drinks package, at a cost of £99 per person for this cruise. This includes the following with lunch and dinner: draught beer; non-alcoholic beer; soft drinks; juices; red, white and rose house wines; and wine recommendations from the menu.
The drinks package must be added to your booking prior to departure you can do this by calling the reservations team. If you choose not to purchase a drinks package, or you are travelling in 2017, there is a vast selection of drinks on board each ship available for individual purchase.
- 7 nights on some of Europe's best rivers
- Standard class reserved seat on Eurostar from London St. Pancras or flight from Heathrow, Manchester, Southampton, Birmingham or Edinburgh
- Guided tour of historic Koblenz
- Visit to Boppard, the picturesque ‘Pearl of the Rhine’
- Time to explore the hillside town of Rudesheim - the most famous of the Rhine’s wine towns
- Cruise through the spectacular Rhine Gorge
- Stop in Cochem - the historic centre of the Moselle wine trade
- Take a romantic stroll in the twin village of Traben-Trarbach
- Tour of Trier - once a key capital of the Roman empire
- Guided tour of Cologne - and see the stunning gothic cathedral
- The services of our experienced tour manager
- Prices are per person, based on two people sharing a twin cabin with a limited number of single cabins available on the all decks, at the relevant supplement. The price includes full board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day; if you choose to travel with us on any of the full day excursions by coach, a packed lunch will be provided. Anyone choosing to stay on the ship may of course have lunch in the restaurant; morning/afternoon tea and coffee; all visits and excursions as mentioned in the brochure, airport transfers, coach travel as mentioned, travel to and from port of embarkation and the services of a Riviera Travel Tour Manager.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).