Rhine & Moselle River Cruise - MS Charles Dickens
Cruise two of the great rivers of Europe and discover some of their historic wine towns and delightful Cologne
This wonderful cruise visits some of the most fascinating and beautiful sights on the majestic Rhine and Moselle, two of Europe’s most picturesque rivers.
Following embarkation in Cologne, we meander south on the Rhine to Rüdesheim, visiting the old town of Koblenz and then to Boppard, known as ‘the Pearl of the Rhine’. Cruising through the Rhine Gorge, we experience spectacular scenery, emerald vineyards and a landscape studded with half-timbered houses and picturesque villages.
Our journey then takes us upstream and then along the Moselle River calling in the delightful town of Cochem and the romantic twin village of Traben-Trarbach. At our furthest port of call, Bernkastel, we also visit Trier, the oldest city in Germany, famous for its Roman amphitheatre, baths and the Porta Nigra, the huge fortified gate that formed the eastern border of the Roman Empire.
Cruising back downstream, we have time to absorb the stunning scenery along the Moselle Valley, re-joining the Rhine and heading north, to Cologne. Here we take a guided city tour, also seeing the stunning cathedral.
All in all it is a spectacular and relaxing cruise in some of the finest landscape that Germany has to offer.
For all 2018 departures we now offer a drinks package, at a cost of £99 per person for this cruise. This includes the following with lunch and dinner: draught beer; non-alcoholic beer; soft drinks; juices; red, white and rose house wines; and wine recommendations from the menu.
The drinks package must be added to your booking prior to departure you can do this by calling the reservations team. If you choose not to purchase a drinks package, or you are travelling in 2017, there is a vast selection of drinks on board each ship available for individual purchase.
- Guided tour of historic Koblenz
- Visit to Boppard, the picturesque 'Pearl of the Rhine'
- Time to explore the hillside town of Rudesheim - the most famous of the Rhine's wine towns
- Cruise through the spectacular Rhine Gorge
- Stop in Cochem - the historic centre of the Moselle wine trade
- Take a romantic stroll in the town of Bernkastel
- Tour of Trier - once a key capital of the Roman Empire
- Guided tour of Cologne - and see the stunning Gothic Cathedral
- Seven nights on the five-star MS Charles Dickens
- Full board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day
- All tours as mentioned
- The services of an experience Cruise Director
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).