Rajasthan, the Taj Mahal and Amritsar's Golden Temple
Our extraordinary tour takes you to some of the most colourful and amazing places on the entire planet – from Amritsar’s Golden Temple to the 'Pink City' of Jaipur, the gleaming white of the Taj Mahal, and the 'Blue City' of Jodhpur. Then there are the parched ochre dunes of the desert sands and the array of reds and yellows exploding from a classic Indian sunset across a city’s jumbled rooftops. India is all this and much more. It’s not just a country; it’s an entire continent crying out to be discovered and explored.
You'll experience some of the world’s most spiritual sites - including the Sikh holy city of Amritsar, and the revered Hindu town of Pushkar with its unique Brahma temple, sacred lake and historic bathing ghats. Jaipur’s City Palace and the Palace of the Winds will amaze you with their grandeur, yet none compare with the Taj Mahal, that supremely beautiful and romantic masterpiece, truly one of the few wonders of the world.
Another great and unmissable wonder is Agra’s 16th century awe-inspiring Red Fort. Once at the heart of the Moghul Empire, it’s a fitting overture to the many other magnificent citadels for which Rajasthan is rightly famous – especially the imposing and vast Mehrangarh Fort with its enchanting panoramic view over the 'Blue City’ of Jodhpur. Finally it’s on to Udaipur, nestling serenely in one of the world’s most naturally beautiful settings. Surrounded by a series of scenic hills and lakes, almost silhouetted against the clear blue sky, its multitude of intricately turreted and balconied palaces surround the lakeside - a perfect blend of man and nature in complete harmony and quintessential India at its most mysterious, romantic and thought-provoking.
All this combined with the legendary Indian passion for service, ensures you will get the very best out of your visit to this fascinating and enchanting part of the world, returning home with some truly enchanting memories.
- Return direct scheduled flights from London Heathrow
- Stay in hand-picked three, four and five-star hotels, travelling by air, train, boat, cycle rickshaw and tuk tuk!
- Visit the extraordinary Golden Temple of Amritsar, the Sikh holy shrine and one of India's most awe-inspiring sights
- Experience the breathtaking Taj Mahal, the simple purity of its white marble and exquisite workmanship of its inlay work
- Tour the unique deserts, forts, palaces and temples of Rajasthan, arguably India's most colourful state
- Visit Pushkar, city of Lord Brahma and setting of the renowned 'Camel Fair', one of Asia's most ancient and fascinating spectacles (special departures available)
- Stay two nights at the Khimsar Fort, one of Rajasthan's best-known heritage hotels
- Visit the 'Blue City' of Jodhpur with its vast and imposing fortress
- Spend two nights in the 'Pink City' of Jaipur, with its teeming markets, amazing City Palace, remarkable 18th century Astronomical Observatory and iconic Palace of the Winds
- Relax on a three night stay in beautiful Udaipur, India's most romantic city of lakes and palaces
- Experience the fascinating 'Beating the Retreat' ceremony on the Indo-Pakistani border
- See the poignant site of the Amritsar Massacre
- Opportunity to upgrade to one of the world's most famous and photographed hotels - Udaipur's incredible five-star Lake Palace Hotel
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room. Twelve nightsaccommodation in three, four and five-star hotels; daily breakfast and four dinners,scheduled flights to/from Delhi,domestic flights to/ from Amritsar and from Udaipur; all transfers; guided tours of Amritsar, Agra and theTaj Mahal,Jaipur city tour, visit to Amber Fort, city tour of Pushkar, Jodhpur and Mehrangarh Forts, visit toNagaur Fort, Ranakpur temple, Udaipur city tour Delhi city tour; all local transport as described; hotel porterageof one item of luggage per person; the services of a Riviera tour manager.
- NOT INCLUDED: India visa
- Luggage allowance for internal flights is limited to one bag per person weighing no more that 20kg.
- VISAS & HEALTH
- All British passport holders will require a visa for India. Please ensure that you have at least two empty pages in your passport and that your passport is valid for a minimum of 190 days from the time of submitting your visa application. At the time of departure you will be able to travel as long as both the passport and the visa are valid. India visas:
- Personal applications: to apply for an Indian visa please visit http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk where you can apply, pay online and schedule an appointment to submit your application in person at your nearest
- centre, dependent on your home address.
- Online applications: British Passport holders are now eligible to apply for an e-visa online, you must ensure your passport is machine readable and has a biometric chip (without this you may be denied entry into India). The cost of a single entry tourist e-visa is US$60.00 and will be converted into pounds by your bank. The website to apply for the e-visa is: indianvisaonline.gov.in. Here you will find all the information to assist you with the completion of your application.
- Postal applications: you must either apply and pay online, print off the completed application form, payment confirmation and submit by post; or alternatively, you must apply online, print off the completed application and submit along with payment by postal order. Personal cheques are NOT accepted. In both cases you must submit your passport along with a self addressed stamped envelope and two, 2x2” passport photos to:
- India Visa Application Centre (West London), The Vista Centre, First Floor – Part A Block, 50 Salisbury Road, Hounslow, TW4 6JQ.
- Whilst care has been taken to ensure that the information provided relating to visa requirements is true and correct at time of publication, changes in requirements after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of this information. Therefore, whilst we strive to provide the most
- up-to-date information, we strongly suggest that you re-confirm requirements with the relevant embassy prior to application. Full details of costs, application form and addresses can be found on http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk, email: [emailprotected]/* */or tel: 0905 7570045 (calls cost 95p per minute). Visa fees are subject to change without notice and non-refundable.
- Whilst the travelling schedule shall pose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we would point out that in visiting a number ofhistorical sites, paths may be uneven and uphill and we often enjoy walking tours of the main sights. Therefore this holiday may not be suitable for clientsof greatly impaired mobility. In the tropics temperatures and humidity levels will also be quite high for most of the year. Please consult your GP regardingthe appropriate inoculations required for India at least a month before departure.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).