Paris was, is and always will be, something rather special. Sightseeing? The list is endless: Notre Dame, L’Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, Champs Élysées, Sacre Coeur, Eiffel Tower and much, muchmore. The shops such as Galeries Lafayette and the smart arcaded rue de Rivoli are legendary. Here you are only a short walk from the Louvre - home of the most well-known painting in the world, the Mona Lisa. The grandiose Place de la Concorde, the largest square in the city, shows off 18th Century French architecture at its best and just over on the left bank you’ll find the Musée d’Orsay, home of the world’s finest Impressionist art collection. The eccentrically modern and yet stylish Pompidou Centre famous for not only its exhibits, but street entertainment of the area too.Visit theislands in the middle of the river Seine, dominated by the cathedral of Notre Dame and the delicate spire of the sublime Ste. Chapelle or take a stroll through the famous Tuileries gardens, specially spectacular during the Spring. But to see everything at once, why not try a trip up the Eiffel Tower?
To get the "feel" of Paris you will visit old Montmartre, for this is the home of the artists and street entertainers. Picturesque squares where the eaves of the houses almost touch and the unmistakable smell of fresh coffee and croissants drifts from the numerous brasseries. The Latin Quarter has an atmosphere all of its own: tiny cobbled streets, crammed with restaurants and bistros. For the gourmet there can be no other country in the world quite like France for its quality of food and drink, and Paris, of course, is the capital of it all. There is so much to see and do, you will leave Paris with sore feet, but once having had a taste, you will always want to come back for more. It is everything you imagine it to be, romantic, inspiring, vibrant even outrageous, but best of all Paris is simply unique.
Optional Evening at the Paradis Latin
To help you enjoy your holiday to Paris even more, on your free evening we are able to arrange tickets for arguably the best cabaret in the city - the stunning Paradis Latin!
The theatre itself was built by Gustave Eiffel, designer of the tower which so dominates Paris, in 1889. The present owners bought the superb old building in 1973, and after a total restoration to its former glory opened to a grateful and appreciative French nation four years later. Since then more than one and a half million visitors from all over the world, including such celebrities as: Dustin Hoffman, Omar Sharif, Shirley Bassey, Steven Spielberg, Elizabeth Taylor and Audrey Hepburn, have enjoyed this superb show. It really is the best cabaret, or ‘spectacle’ as the French call it, in Paris - a fact borne out that the full show was shown live on French television on New Year’s Eve - a rare honour, but one which indicated the quality of the performance.
After making your way to the theatre, the evening commences with a fine three course dinner which includes half a bottle of vintage wine. Then experience the show and as the Paradis Latin caters for an international audience, you do not need to speak French to appreciate it. After the show, make your way back to the hotel.
The normal cost of such an evening is €130pp however we are able to offer Riviera clients who pre-book a special price of only £65pp*
Payment by debit or credit card (2% fee for credit card payments). Please call to book.
*Tickets must be booked prior to the departure date in order to benefit from this price and guarantee availability
Approximate one-way taxi cost from hotel to Paradis Latin is €25
- 3 nights in Paris, the City of Lights
- Return rail connections on selected dates from more than 30 regional stations
- Return standard class reserved seat on Eurostar from London St.Pancras International or Ebbsfleet International to Paris Journey time only 2 hours 15 minutes
- Coach transfer from Paris, Gare du Nord rail station to your hotel, and return
- Three nights bed and breakfast in an excellent quality hotel located approximately two miles from Notre Dame
- Comprehensive sightseeing tour of Paris
- Paris 'By Night' tour
- Visit to the beautiful Chateau of Versailles
- Visit to the artists’ quarter - picturesque Montmartre
- Services of an experienced tour manager
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at a supplement of £95 per person. The price includes three nights bed and breakfast, return standard class reserved seat on Eurostar, return coach transfer from Paris, Gare du Nord rail station to your hotel, guided sightseeing tour of Paris ‘By Day,' guided sightseeing tour of Paris ‘By Night’, visit to Montmartre and the services of a Riviera tour manager.
- Not included: Entrance to Cháteau of Versailles €15, Bateaux Mouches optional cruise €11, approximate costs, payable locally.
- Please note there is a £10, £20, £25 or £50 supplement for certain regional stations
- Standard Premier Class Upgrade
- In order to enjoy your Eurostar experience to the full, you may upgrade to Standard Premier Class for only £139 return, subject to availability. This price includes a complimentary light meal, offered from a selection of sweet and savoury cold snacks and includes a drink appropriate to the time of day, served at your seat while you relax in the spacious comfort of Standard Premier Class.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).