Oslo and the Nordic Imagination
Explore the fantastical world of Norwegian imagery from the Vikings’ vision of gods and heroes to the nervous, autobiographical paintings of Edvard Munch. Then see how this culture relates to the extraordinary voyages undertaken by early raiders, polar explorers and twentieth century adventurers. In the company of contemporary art expert Gerald Deslandes, you’ll discover how Norway’s culture has been shaped by its geography, climate and the wider traditions of European art. You'll also examine the archaeology, folk art and seafaring traditions of Oslo alongside Munch and Ibsen’s contribution to painting and theatre. In addition there will be a short introduction to the city’s sometimes troubled history and its current reincarnation as one of the capitals of crime noir.
- Return flights with British Airways from London Heathrow to Oslo
- Three nights' bed and breakfast at the four-star Thon Hotel Bristol based on shared occupancy of a twin/double room
- Welcome drink and two lectures
- Two three-course dinners with wine at a local restaurant
- Transfers, tours and entrance fees
- Gerald Deslandes and a tour manager throughout
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).
per person for 3 nights