Although most of us may be aware of Norway’s remarkably spectacular fjords, few appreciate that this oddly-shaped country on the edge of Europe offers so very much more. Sophisticated and cosmopolitan Oslo, is superbly located at the head of its own fjord and seems surrounded by water. From its amazing new Opera House built to resemble a glacier at the water’s edge, to its Royal Palace, art galleries and Maritime museums, this is a city which will surely surprise and delight you.
We also enjoy two of Europe’s most breath-taking rail journeys: the Oslo to Bergen plus the celebrated Flam railway –one of the world’s steepest standard-gauge railways, operating without cogs or cables. Who could forget the world’s most outstandingly majestic fjords!, stunning, beautiful and enchanting, we enjoy boat trips on two of the finest. And finally, typically Nordic Bergen – a member of the medieval Hanseatic League, crammed with charming cobbled streets and colourful buildings lining its delightful quayside.
- Sightseeing tour of Oslo plus a visit to the famous Viking Museum - entrance included
- See the wild Telemark region and visit the power station at Rjukan and the country’s largest ‘stave’ church at Heddal, built entirely of wood
- Walking tour of Bergen visiting the UNESCO site of Bryggen Hanseatic Wharf
- Travel on the famous Oslo-Bergen rail line and one of the world’s steepest standard-gauge railways to Flåm – rail tickets included
- Cruise across both the UNESCO listed Naeroyfjord and through the stunning open waters of the Hardangerfjord
- Visit to Voringfossen, Norway’s most spectacular waterfall
- ‘Oslo Pass’ allowing free entry to more than 30 museums and attractions, as well as free travel on all local public transport
- Services of our experienced tour manager
- Seven nights in four-star and three-star superior accommodation, including all local taxes, with breakfast and two dinners
- Return travel from the UK and transfers to and from your hotel included
- Selected departures from May to September 2019
- The price of this holiday is per person based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement. The price includes flights to Oslo, returning from Bergen, airport departure taxes and transfers, seven nights’ accommodation with breakfast and two dinners, all tours as mentioned, all local accommodation taxes, and the services of a Riviera Travel tour manager.
- Included excursions are a tour of Oslo, visit to Viking Ship museum, 1-day Oslo Pass, full day tour to Telemark, train to Voss, train to Flam and cruise to Gudvangen, trip to Voringfoss and Hardanger fjord cruise and a Bergen walking tour
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).