Nice, Monaco & the Cote d’Azur
Sun-drenched beaches, chic resorts, timeless hilltop villages, a rich historic heritage and superb Mediterranean food – it’s easy to see why the Côte d’Azur casts such a powerful spell. In the 19th century this enchanting corner of France became a retreat for European royalty, aristocracy and artists attracted by its warm climate and the quality of its light. Renoir lived in Cagnes-sur-Mer, Matisse in Nice and Picasso in Antibes. Today in France only Paris has more museums and art galleries than this part of the French Riviera.
In its sophisticated resorts ‘being seen’ is part of life, and you’ll follow in famous footsteps on the Promenade des Anglais. This famed walkway on Nice’s seafront, lined with palm trees and fin-de-siècle, Art Deco and Italianate buildings, is the promenade after which all the world’s others are named.
The cuisine, especially the seafood, is as legendary as the sunshine, but there’s also an abundance of unforgettable experiences here, from regal palaces to opulent Monaco, the millionaires’ playground whose streets host the legendary Formula 1 race, to eclectic art collections at the Villa Ephrussi. Then there are ancient towns like Antibes and Saint-Paul de Vence mixing with bastide villages, exotic gardens, world-leading perfumeries, yacht-filled marinas and chic shops selling everything from local crafts to luxury brands.
Our tour allows you to enjoy selected highlights of the area, with plenty of free time to explore. Whether you’re passionate about art, food, perfumes or gardens – or you simply want to enjoy the good life – you’ll soon discover why the Côte d’Azur has become one of the world’s foremost holiday destinations.
- Discover the city of Nice on a guided tour by coach and on foot
- Visit the exquisite gardens and fine art collection at the Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
- Learn how fragrances are blended on a guided tour of a historic perfumery in Grasse
- Experience chic Monaco and Monte Carlo on a guided tour
- Visit the medieval harbour town of Antibes, once home to Picasso
- Explore the charming artists’ village of Saint-Paul de Vence, final resting place of Marc Chagall
- Enjoy the delights of beautiful Menton
- See the breathtaking mountain scenery of the Gorges du Loup
- Seven nights in a choice of four-star or four-star superior accommodation, including all local taxes, with breakfast and two dinners in carefully selected local restaurants
- Return travel from a selection of regional airports and transfers to and from your hotel included
- Services of our experienced tour manager
- Selected departures from April to October 2019
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).