Mont Blanc, Lake Geneva & Annecy
Every day a different ambience, from alpine France to sophisticated Switzerland and historic Italy. The raw beauty of Mont Blanc with its immense glaciers, serene Lake Geneva and medieval Annecy are inspirational. Rising in a great wall of granite and schist between France, Switzerland and Italy, the glorious, awe inspiring beauty of the Alps attracted Europe’s first “tourists” almost three centuries ago.
Chamonix nestles amongst the sweet scented pine forests at the foot of mighty Mont Blanc, Europe’s highest peak. From here you will discover a perfectly blended, unrivalled variety of landscapes, historic towns, stunning ice blue lakes and twisting mountain roads with amazing views of some of the world’s most spectacular scenery. You will be awestruck by the sheer scale of immense glaciers. Drive through the Mont Blanc tunnel to stunning Aosta boasting some of northern Italy’s finest Roman remains. Stroll around photogenic Annecy, famed for its lovely medieval castle and picturesque canals. Lake Geneva’s shoreline is studded with elegant “Belle Epoque” towns like Evian, haunt of the rich and famous and source of the eponymous water, and Yvoire, the quintessential medieval lakeside village. The finale of this excellent tour takes us over the mountains from Chamonix to Lake Geneva’s stunning Swiss Riviera, scaling seemingly impossible mountain roads with extraordinary panoramic views, to gorgeous Montreux. Not forgetting the wonderful medieval castle of Chateau Chillon, immortalized by Byron and resplendent on its lakeside outcrop just crying out to be explored.
Chamonix retains a delightful alpine atmosphere, full of tiny bistro’s offering the wholesome regional specialities that have fueled the hardy locals for centuries. Visitors here are guests in a natural theatre, with countless simple pleasures to savour. Take a walk or cable car for outstanding views as the sun slowly sinks. As the light fades with shadows climbing the mountainside you are treated to one of nature’s most beautiful spectacles. The gradual tinting of the peaks in the wonderful rose coloured hue of the sunset is a magical natural light show to behold.
- Take the iconic Montenvers cog railway to the 7 km long, Mer de Glace, Europe’s longest glacier - ticket fee included
- Guided walking tour of medieval Annecy – the ‘Venice of Savoie’, plus enjoy a cruise of Europe’s purest lake
- Experience Europe’s highest cable car to the astonishing Aiguille du Midi, the jagged peak opposite Mont Blanc with utterly spectacular views of France, Italy and Switzerland - cable car fee included
- Visit the superbly preserved castle, Chateau de Chillon, with entrance fees included and relax in lakeside Montreux
- Guided walk of Aosta’s remarkable Roman legacy and experience the Mont Blanc Tunnel under the Alps to Italy
- Visit ‘belle époque’ Evian, famous for its waters and medieval Yvoire nestling on Lake Geneva
- Option to join complimentary walk
- Services of our experienced tour manager
- Return travel from a selection of regional airports or by Eurostar and TGV (French high speed train), and transfers to and from your hotel included
- Seven nights in four-star accommodation, including all local taxes, with breakfast and two dinners in your selected hotel plus two dinners at quality, local restaurants
- Selected departures from May to October 2019
- The price of this holiday is based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement. The price includes return flights and transfers, seven nights’ accommodation with breakfast and two dinners in your hotel plus two in local restaurants. All tours as mentioned, all local accommodation taxes and airport taxes and the services of Riviera Travel tour manager.
- Included excursions are guided tours of Annecy and Aosta, rail ticket fee for the Montenvers cog railway, entrance fee to the Chateau de Chillon, visits to Montreux, Evian and Yvoire, cable car fee for the journey to the Aiguille du Midi.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).