Madrid, Salamanca & Toledo
So much of Spain is remarkably undiscovered but during the past few years its historic cities, stunning countryside and unique way of life have become very much more appreciated. It is one of the largest and most diverse countries in Europe, rich with the legacies of the Romans and Moors, still very much evident in the architecture of Segovia and Toledo. Salamanca has one of Europe's oldest universities with a wealth of lovely buildings, whilst Madrid can boast some of the best art in the world in the Prado and Reina Sofia galleries. Away from the lively cities, the Spanish countryside is lovely too: remarkably empty of people and as varied as you can possibly imagine, from the snow-capped mountains of the high sierras to the splendid aridity of the plateaux and the lush meadows of the river valleys.
- Return flights
- Six nights bed and breakfast at excellent quality three-star superior and four-star hotels (one dinner when staying at the centrally located Catalonia Gran Vía Hotel)
- Walking tour of Salamanca, home to one the world’s oldest universities
- Visit to Segovia, seeing its ancient Roman aqueduct and castle
- Sightseeing tour of Madrid
- Visit to Aranjuez and the former Palace of the Spanish Royal Family
- Visit to Toledo, the former capital of Spain
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject toavailability atthe relevant supplement per person. The price includes six nights bed and breakfast, three dinners plus one dinner at a restaurant, touring as mentioned, return flights, all current airport taxes, executive coach travel in Spain as mentioned and services of a Riviera tour manager. Where hotels feature a swimming pool, pools are open in the summer months weather permitting.
- Please note: We have a limited number of Twin rooms at the Novotel, most have have one king sized bed and one single bed. Room type available will be confirmed upon booking
- Not included: Entrance to Aranjuez €5, approximate cost, payable locally. Private rooms are an additional €2.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).