If you are looking to visit one of the most beautiful regions of France, then our tour of the Loire Valley is ideal. The very name conjures images in the mind. The châteaux, (the translation of castles does not do them justice), are magnificent, andwe have the opportunity to sample the best of them: Chenonceau, Villandry, Chinon and Amboise. The scenery is stunning, indeed the valley’s other name is the Garden of France and you can see why. The harvest is very rich here -plums, apples and of course grapes. The Loire produces someworld-class wines: Muscadet, Rosé d’Anjou, Sauvignon, Vouvray and many more. The golden colours of the ripening fruits add to the exceptional countryside. History abounds here: every time you turn a corner you see a reminder of Richard the Lionheart, the Hundred Years War or Joan of Arc. The Loire Valley seems to be set in a period fifty years ago and the sleepy towns are a delight to explore.You'll see thelocal people stoppingone another to chatin thestreetsor drinking endless coffees in the nearby bars and cafés.We visit the Château of Fontainebleau, set in a vast forest just outside Paris, and famous as the place where Napoleon commenced his journey into exile. We also visit the house, and most importantly the garden of one of France’s most famous sons - Impressionist artist Claude Monet. All this, but there is much, much more! So for a unique combination of culture, wine, superb and interesting monuments, châteaux, beautiful scenery and French provincial life at its best, come with us and see.
- 6 nights on the beautiful Loire Valley
- Return rail connections on selected dates from more than 30 regional stations
- Return standard class reserved seat on Eurostar to Paris
- Five nights bed and breakfast at excellent quality three-star superior or four-star hotels, including three dinners
- Visit the most beautiful valley in France
- Explore the best of France’s stunning Châteaux
- Visit to Claude Monet’s house and garden – see the ‘Lily Pond’ and Japanese bridge
- Visit to Chartres and its cathedral with Europe’s finest stained glass
- Visit to Amboise and Leonardo da Vinci’s house
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at a supplement of £149 per person. The holiday includes return standard class on Eurostar, all coach transfers and transport, five nights bed and breakfast at hotels as mentioned, dinner in hotel on day five, dinner in restaurant on days one and four, services of an experienced tour manager.
- Not included: Entrance to Villandry €8, Chenonceau €9, Fontainebleau €11, Chinon €8, Leonardo da Vinci’s house €9.50 and Monets Garden €7, approximate costs, payable locally.
- Please note there is a £10, £30 or £50 supplement for certain regional stations.
- Standard Premier Class Upgrade
- In order to enjoy your Eurostar experience to the full, you may upgrade to Standard Premier Class for only £139 return, subject to availability. This price includes a complimentary light meal, offered from a selection of sweet and savoury cold snacks and includes a drink appropriate to the time of day, served at your seat while you relax in the spacious comfort of Standard Premier Class.