Lake Garda, Venice & Verona
Italy is blessed with some fantastic scenery and some of the finest is to be found as you approach the Alps around Lake Garda. The picturesque lake with gentle waves lapping onto the shingle shoreline, with the stunning snow-capped Alps in the background, interspersed by picturesque villages, all fit together in a beautifully balanced mosaic of harmony. Further north, we see the Dolomite mountains and some of the most spectacular alpine scenery on earth.
All the photographs and pictures you have seen of St. Mark's Square and Basilica, the Doge's Palace and the Grand Canal have simply been telling the extraordinary truth that Venice is a stunning city! Every few minutes there is something to admire. For art there is probably no other city with so many collections of such quality, and the city itselfhas beempainted countless times, the views today,exactly as Canaletto captured them. Verona too is without doubt one of the most attractive cities you will ever see and appropriately famous as the setting for the legendary story of Romeo and Juliet. It has more ancient remains than any city in Italy except Rome itself. Its most striking monument is its Roman arena - the third largest ever built.
However, Italy is much more than majestic cities and ancient monuments, impressive as they are.Boasting one of the world's great cuisines, far from being pizza and pasta, one of the first things which strikes you about visiting a restaurant in Italy, is how deeply embedded in the culture, food and drink really are. Fresh vegetables and salads abound, combined with succulent meats, seafood, a hint of garlic and the finest olive oil create simple, tasty, wholesome and healthy menus. Of course one of the greatest joys if visiting Italy is, of course, the Italians themselves: naturally exuberant,friendly and stylish. All this combined and you have a wonderful destination for a tour.
Personalise Your Holiday
Verona Opera - £55 per person
Whether you’re an opera aficionado or not, a trip to the oldest open-air opera festival could not be a better addition to your stay. Held in a Roman amphitheatre, the summer performances are truly something special – when the floodlights go down on the 15,000 spectators, the cacophony diminishes to hushed whispers, before the magic begins and the beautiful voices fill the dusky air.
Available from 23 June to 27 August 2017, prices shown include a coach transfer to Verona and an unnumbered stone seat (cushions are available to hire on arrival at the Arena). Numbered seats are available on request, we regret that they cannot be cancelled or refunded.Un-numbered seats can be cancelled or refunded up to 32 days prior to departure (any other requested tickets are non refundable)
Performances start between 8.45 to 9.00pm, but you will be taken to Verona in plenty of time, so you may wish to enjoy a pre opera dinner or drink.
TITLE OF PERFORMANCE
TOUR DEPARTURE DATE
Aida (1913 historical stage design)
Aida (1913 historical stage design)
This cannot be booked online, please call us to pre-book this experience.
Please note minimum numbers are required to operate this service. Terms and conditions apply.
- Return flights
- Seven nights in a choice of three and four-star hotel with breakfast and dinner
- Tour of beautiful Lake Garda - Italy's largest lake
- New Inclusions - Days 5 & 7 select a ‘Classic’ Or ‘Undiscovered’ Tour of Venice and Verona
- Guided sightseeing tour of Verona, city of Romeo and Juliet
- Tour of the Dolomites - dramatic alpine scenery
- Guided sightseeing tour of Venice, perhaps the most unique city on earth
- 'Personalise Your Holiday'Call us to pre-book your tickets for the Verona Opera Festival
- Services of an experienced tour manager
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms and Lake View rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement; please see the accommodation section for further information. The price includes seven nights’ dinner, bed and breakfast, guided tours of Verona and Venice, all transfers, tour of Lake Garda, tour of the Dolomite Mountains, classic or undiscovered tour of Venice, scheduled flights as mentioned, airport departure taxes and the services ofa Rivieratour manager. Where hotels feature a swimming pool, pools are open in the summer months weather permitting. There will be a charge for swimming pool towels at the Cristallo of€5 per towel per day.
- Not included
- Verona Opera Festival. £55 per person.See'Personalise Your Holiday' section for details.
- Optional cable car on Dolomites tour €17, approximate cost, payable locally.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).