A Journey on the Ganges - RV Bengal Ganga
The Ganges, a name redolent of Indian exoticism and spirituality is ariver all of us know but very few have actually discovered – until now.Recent navigational improvements coupled with some 21st centurytechnology have enabled small ships to explore this extraordinary river on asuperb and fascinating journey.
- An extraordinary tour including an eight-night Ganges river cruise on the intimate, colonial-style four-star RV Bengal Ganga on a journey of discovery through the spiritual heartland of India
- Return direct scheduled flights from London Heathrow
- Premium economy flight upgrades available at a supplement
- Stay in three, four and five-star hotels, with breakfast
- Visit all the major sights of Old and New Delhi
- See the breathtaking Taj Mahal bathed in soft morning light
- Stay in Varanasi, visit its colourful bathing ghats and enjoy a rickshaw ride through its teeming streets
- Be astounded at Kolkata’s (Calcutta) charming colonial architecture
- Full touring programme, full board and selected drinks included whilst cruising, visiting small towns and villages, with fascinating ancient temples, markets and palaces
- Escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room/cabin. Seven nights in three, four and five-star hotels with breakfast on the ‘land’ portion of this tour;eight nights on full board, including local bottled mineral water, tea/coffee any time on the RV Bengal Ganga; all flights as mentioned including two domestic flights within India; alltransfers & porterarge of one item of luggage per person; guided tours of New and Old Delhi, Agra and the Taj Mahal, Kolkata, rickshaw and boat tour of Varanasi, all shore excursions asmentioned on the RV Bengal Ganga; gratuities for ship’s crew; services of an experienced Riviera tour manager.
- Cruise itinerary subject to change according to weather conditions, changes in navigation channels and water levels.
- Luggage allowance for internal flights is limited to one bag per person weighing no more that 20kg.
- Visas & Health
- All British passport holders require a visa for India. Please ensure that you have at least two empty pages in your passport and that your passport is valid for a minimum of 190 days from thetime of submitting your visa application. At the time of departure you will be able to travel as long as both the passport and the visa are valid.
- India visas: Personal applications: to apply for an Indian visa please visit http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk where you can apply, pay online and schedule an appointment to submit your application inperson at your nearest centre, dependent on your home address.
- Online applications: British Passport holders are now eligible to apply for an e-visa online, you must ensure your passport is machine readable and has a biometric chip (without this you may be deniedentry into India). The cost of a single entry tourist e-visa is US$60.00 and will be converted into pounds by your bank. The website to apply for the e-visa is: indianvisaonline.gov.in. Here you will find all theinformation to assist you with the completion of your application.
- Postal applications: you must either apply and pay online, print off the completed application form, payment confirmation and submit by post; or alternatively, you must apply online, printoff the completed application and submit along with payment by postal order. Personal cheques are NOT accepted. In both cases you must submit your passport along with a self addressedstamped envelope and two, 2x2” passport photos to:India Visa Application Centre (West London), The Vista Centre, First Floor – Part A Block, 50 Salisbury Road, Hounslow, TW4 6JQ. Whilst care has been taken to ensure that the informationprovided relating to visa requirements is true and correct at time of publication, changes in requirements after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of this information.
- Therefore, whilst we strive to provide the most up-to-date information, we strongly suggest that you re-confirm requirements with the relevant embassy prior to application.
- Full details of costs, application form and addresses can be found on http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk, email: [emailprotected]
- /* */or tel: 0905 7570045 (calls cost 95p per minute). Visa fees aresubject to change without notice and non-refundable.Whilst the travelling schedule shall pose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we would point out that in visiting a number of historical sites, paths may be uneven and uphill and we often enjoy walking tours of the main sights. Therefore this holiday may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. In the tropics temperatures andhumidity levels will also be quite high for most of the year. Please consult your GP regarding the appropriate inoculations required for India at least a month before departure.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).