India & Shimla For Solo Travellers
India is not only an incredible, unique country and civilisation, it’s also a mind-boggling potpourri of sights, sounds, colours and experiences, as well as a culture-shock of astonishing contrasts. From the flawless grandeur of the Taj Mahal, to the mighty fortresses of Rajasthan and from the reminders of past glories of the Raj in Delhi to the teeming markets of Jaipur, and a five-star stay in the hill station of Shimla, our India tour encompasses the very best that Northern India has to offer and you will return home with some truly amazing memories. Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy upgrade now available, click here for further details.
- A wonderful tour of northern India’s ‘Golden Triangle’ with additional visits to see tigers at Ranthambore National Park and a stay at a heritage hotel in Rajasthan
- Return direct scheduled flights (option to upgrade to Premium Economy)
- Stay in hand-picked three, four and five-star hotels
- Daily breakfast and nine meals included including a welcome dinner and a sumptuous buffet at the Oberoi Cecil in Shimla
- Visit all the major sights of Old and New Delhi
- See the breathtaking Taj Mahal bathed in soft morning light, gazing in awe at the simple purity of its white marble and the exquisite craftsmanship of its inlay work
- Spend two nights in the ‘Pink City’ of Jaipur, capital of the desert kingdom of Rajasthan with a guided tour of its City Palace, astronomical observatory and the Palace of the Winds
- Marvel at the extraordinary location and beauty of Amber Fort, home of one of India’s most powerful Maharajas
- Stay in an original Rajasthani fort, beautifully converted into a stunning Heritage Hotel
- Enjoy a guided tour of the 400-year old deserted Moghul city of Fatehpur Sikri
- Visit Shimla, the summer capital of the Raj and ‘Queen of Hill Stations’ set high in the foothills of the Himalayas and stay in the luxurious Oberoi Cecil Hotel
- Travel on the famous Shimla railway
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on one person in a twin room for sole occupance. Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement (date dependant) from £429 to £519 per person. Thirteen nights accommodation in three,four or five-star hotels; daily breakfast, two lunches and seven dinners; scheduled flights to/from Delhi; all transfers; guided tours of New and Old Delhi, Agra and the Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, two game drives in Ranthambore, Jaipur city tour, visit to Amber Fort, walking tour of Havelis at Mandawa, walking tour of Shimla; all local transport by train or coach as described; hotel porterage of one item of luggage per person; the services of an experiencedRiviera Tour Manager.
- Not included:India visa, please see Visas & Health section.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).