India is not only an incredible, unique country and civilisation, it’s also a mind-boggling potpourri of sights, sounds, colours and experiences, as well as a culture-shock of astonishing contrasts. From the flawless grandeur of the Taj Mahal, to the mighty fortresses of Rajasthan and from the reminders of past glories of the Raj in Delhi to the teeming markets of Jaipur, our India tour encompasses the very best that Northern India has to offer and you will return home with some truly amazing memories.
- A wonderful tour of northern India’s ‘Golden Triangle’ with additional visits to see tigers at Ranthambore National Park and a stay at a heritage hotel in Rajasthan
- Return direct scheduled flights from Heathrow, with Manchester connections available
- Stay in hand-picked three, four and five-star hotels
- Visit all the major sights of Old and New Delhi
- See the magnificent Taj Mahal and gaze in awe at the simple purity of its white marble and the exquisite craftsmanship of its inlay work
- Spend two nights in the pink city of Jaipur, with a guided tour of its City Palace, astronomical observatory and the Palace of the Winds
- Marvel at the extraordinary location and beauty of Amber Fort
- Stay in an original Rajasthani fort, beautifully converted into a stunning Heritage Hotel
- Enjoy a guided tour of the 400-year old deserted Moghul city of Fatehpur Sikri
- Daily breakfast and seven meals included
- Escorted by an experienced Tour Manager
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement (date dependent) from £239 to£339per person.Nine nights accommodation in three,four or five-star hotels; daily breakfast, two lunches and five dinners; scheduled flights to/from Delhi; all transfers; guided tours of New and Old Delhi, Agra and the Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, two game drives in Ranthambore, Jaipur city tour, visit to Amber Fort, walking tour of Havelis at Mandawa; all local transport by train or coach as described; porterage of one item of luggage per person; the services of an experiencedRiviera Tour Manager.
- Not included: India visa.
- All British passport holders require a visa for India. Please ensure that you have at least two empty pages in your passport and that your passport is valid for a minimum of 190 days from the time of submitting your visa application. At the time of departure you will be able to travel as long as both the passport and the visa are valid.
- India visas: Single entry tourist visas cost £80 per person, plus a £10.20 service charge and a £2 consular fee and can be applied for in person or by post.
- Personal applications: to apply for an Indian visa please visit http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk where you can apply, pay online and schedule an appointment to submityour application in person at your nearest centre, dependent on your home address.
- Postal applications: you must either apply and pay online, print off the completed application form, payment confirmation and submit by post; or alternatively, you may apply online, print off the completed application and submit along with payment by postal order. Personal cheques are NOT accepted. In both cases you must submit your passport along with a self addressed stamped envelope and two, 2” passport photos to: Indian Visa application Centre (WEST LONDON), The Visa Centre, First Floor - Part A Block, 50 Salisbury Road, Hounslow, TW4 6JQ
- Please note handwritten applications are no longer accepted. Full details of costs, application form and addresses can be found on http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk, email: [emailprotected]
- /* */or tel: 0905 7570045 (calls cost 95p per minute). Visa fees are subject to change without notice and non-refundable.
- Health Matters
- Whilst the travelling schedule shall pose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we would point out that in visiting a number of historical sites, paths may be uneven and uphill and we often enjoy walking tours of the main sights. Therefore this holiday may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. In the tropics temperatures and humidity levels will also be quite high for most of the year. Please consult your GP regarding the appropriate inoculations required for India at least a month before departure.
- To make the most of your trip, we recommend you check the Foreign Office website at www.fco.gov.uk/travel
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).