A culture steeped in Norse mythology and a landscape forged by the elements and volcanic forces. Be humbled by the earth’s overwhelming power, delightful puffins and magical whales.
In this modern age there is sometimes a tedious similarity between countries across the globe, with the same old multinationals, predictable restaurant chains and designer shops. Iceland though is such a refreshing change; a wonderfully welcoming place, like nowhere else with friendly yet fiercely independent people, a culture steeped in Norse mythology and a landscape forged and still being moulded by the essential forces of water, ice and fire.
- Tour of Reykjavik, the world’s most northerly capital
- Guided full-day tour visiting Thingvellir National Park and UNESCO World Heritage site where the great Atlantic rift tears Iceland apart along tectonic plates taking in the power of Gullfoss waterfall and the impressive Strokkur geysir.
- Full-day guided tour discovering the contorted lava plateau through the Threngsli pass, see Eyjafjallajökull and Reynisfjara’s volcanic black sandy beach – home of the iconic Puffins
- Take a dip in the Blue Lagoon’s geothermal spa, with its surreal natural warmth amongst jet-black lava formations, with entrance fees included
- See some of the world’s largest and most intelligent creatures on a whale and dolphin watching cruise
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- Return travel from a selection of airports and transfers to and from your hotel included
- Four nights in a choice of centrally located, four-star accommodation including all local taxes, with breakfast
- Selected departures from May to October 2019
- The price of this holiday is per person based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement. The price includes return flights airport taxes and transfers, four nights’ accommodation with breakfast, all touring as mentioned, all local accommodation taxes and the services of a Riviera Travel tour manager.
- Please note that during the whale and dolphin watching cruise, Riviera Travel cannot guarantee the sight of any animals as this is entirely dependent on weather.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).