In this modern age there is sometimes a tedious similarity between countries across the globe, with the same old multinationals, predictable restaurant chains and designer shops. Iceland though is such a refreshing change; a wonderfully welcoming place, like nowhere else with a friendly yet fiercely independent people, a culture steeped in Norse mythology and a landscape forged and still being moulded by the essential forces of water, ice and fire.
- Four nights, choice of centrally located three- star superior and four-star accommodation with breakfast
- Tour of Reykjavik, the world’s most northerly capital
- Experience Iceland’s inspiring and unique landscape, flora and fauna on two jaw-dropping day tours
- Visit Thingvellir National Park and UNESCO World Heritage site. At Thingvallavatn Lake, where the great Atlantic rift tears Iceland apart along tectonic plates, you can walk between the American and Eurasian continental divide
- Discover the contorted lava plateau through the Threngsli pass
- See the staggeringly immense Myrdalsjokull glacier
- See the awesome natural power of Gullfoss Waterfall, one of Europe’s most breathtaking natural wonders
- Be spellbound by the grace and harmony of some of the world’s largest and most intelligent creatures on a whale and dolphin watching cruise
- Reynisfjara’s volcanic black sandy beach – home of the iconic Puffins and twisted rock formations.
- See Eyjafjallajokull – the infamous volcano which grounded most of Europe’s aircraft in 2010
- Take a dip in the Blue Lagoon’s geothermal spa, with its surreal natural warmth amongst jet-black lava formations.
- Encounter ‘geysir’ which gave its name to similar phenomenon worldwide, every few minutes a huge burst of superheated water violently erupts, puncturing the sky
- Experience the peace and harmony of some of Europe’s, most deserted, astonishingly iconic land and seascapes
- Escorted by experienced Tour Manager
- The price of this holiday is based on 2 people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement. The price includes return flights airport taxes and transfers, 4 night’s bed and breakfast accommodation, Comprehensive guided touring programme as mentioned, Whale Watching Experience and entrance to the Blue Lagoon.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).