Grand Tour of China
This tour is a remarkable journey of discovery of one of the world’s most ancient cultures, aspects of which are almost beyond our comprehension, blended with a remarkably stunning topography and a staggering pace of modernisation.
- A comprehensive tour of China visiting its greatest cultural legacies, iconic monuments, astounding palaces and astonishing scenery
- Staying in hand-picked four-star hotels
- Enjoy our five-star Yangtze River Cruise through the breathtaking Three Gorges, including full-board
- Travel through the world’s largest ship locks of the Three Gorges Dam
- Visit the amazing Forbidden City, the seat of Imperial power for 500 years and the world’s largest concentration of preserved ancient wooden buildings
- Marvel at the exquisite symmetry of the Temple of Heaven and the imperial gardens at the Summer Palace in Beijing
- Tour old Beijing’s historic quarters by cycle rickshaw
- Visit the astonishing Great Wall of China, the only man-made monument visible from space
- See the world-famous Terracotta Warriors and it’s less visited underground museum
- Watch baby pandas at play at the Chengdu Panda Research Centre
- Travel of the world's fastest train in Shanghai
- Enjoy the bright lights and shopping of Shanghai
- See the man-made wonder of the Longshen Rice Terraces
- Cruise the world-famous Li River surrounded by thousands of shimmering limestone peaks
- Option to visit one of China’s unspoilt water villages in the Yangtze River delta
- Daily breakfast and thirteen meals included plus a Peking Duck banquet
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- Return scheduled flights
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room and includes: scheduled flights to Beijing and from Shanghai; 15 nights accommodation in four-star hotels including 3 nights on board a five-star Yangtze cruise ship; daily breakfast, 9 lunches & 5 dinners; all tours and entrance fees as described: guided tours of the Forbidden City & Tiananmen Square, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, rickshaw tour of the Hutongs, the Great Wall, Terracotta Warriors, Wild Goose Pagoda, the Underground Museum, Li River cruise, Yangshuo walking tour, Longshen Rice Terraces, Chengdu Panda Breeding Centre, all mentioned shore excursions on Yangtze cruise, Shanghai; four domestic flights and one rail journey; all transfers and hotel porterage of one item of luggage per person; services of an experienced Riviera tour manager.
- N.B. Itinerary may be subject to change depending on domestic flight timings and Yangtze & Li river water levels. Meals in China: all included lunches and dinners are Chinese meals and are set menus of several courses and dishes shared around tables of 6-10 persons, one local beer or soft drink is normally included as is unlimited Chinese tea; breakfasts are buffet style with western food options. Hotel beds can be ‘firm’ in China and rooms are normally twin-bedded; requests for double beds cannot be guaranteed.
- NOT INCLUDED: China visa.
- All British passport holders require a multiple-entry tourist China visa which costs £151 per person; this is inclusive of the £85.00 visa fee and a £66.00 service charge or for Postal Applications £175.00 per person; this is inclusive of the £85.00 visa fee and a £90.00 service charge. Visas are processed via the China Visa Application Service Centres in London, Manchester or Edinburgh. Full details are available on www.visaforchina.org. Your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months from date of travel and have at least two completely empty pages. Visa fees are subject to change without notice and non-refundable. Whilst care has been taken to ensure that the information provided relating to visa requirements is true and correct at time of publication, changes in requirements after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of this information. Therefore, whilst we strive to provide the most up-to-date information, we strongly suggest that you re-confirm requirements with the relevant embassy prior to application.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).