Florence & Tuscany
For centuries Italy has attracted visitors in search of culture and romance and there are few countries that can rival its renowned Classical origins, its art, music, architecture, scenery, food and wine. As home to the Roman Empire, the Renaissance, the Roman Catholic Church and the Vatican, its contribution to the arts surpasses that of any other nation.
Tuscany embodies much that Italy is famous for, possessing more historical monuments than any other country, let alone province, on earth. Its cities, Florence - arguably the finest city of the Renaissance,Siena and Pisa, together with smaller towns and medieval villages like Lucca and San Gimignano, house some of the world’s finest artistic treasures. Combine this with the haunting beauty of the local countryside, an enviable climate, one of the world’s great cuisines, and of course, with the Italians themselves, and you have all the ingredients for a superb holiday.
Personalise Your Holiday
Evening Tour of Florence in a Fiat 500
For an authentic slice of ‘la dolce vita’, explore the ancient winding streets and magnificent sights of historic Florence, whilst being driven by a knowledgeable local guide in a vintage Fiat 500 – a truly classic car and Italian favourite for over 50 years. This has to be one of the most delightful ways to discover the charms of this lovely renaissance city. During your 2 hour guided tour you’ll stop for a refreshing apperitivo, whilst watching the sun set over this beautiful medieval city.
Price from £80 per person
Hot Air Balloon Flight over the Tuscan Countryside (limited selected departure dates only)
As dawn breaks, take to the skies in a magnificent hot air balloon for an early morning flight over the spectacular Tuscan countryside. This is certainly a very special and memorable way to experience the most amazing panoramic views of this truly scenic region. During your one hour flight, witness the magical patchwork of rolling hills and steep valleys, carefully tended olive groves and fertile vineyards, ancient hilltop villages and isolated farmhouses from this truly unique perspective. On landing, enjoy a toast with a glass of award-winning Ferrari Brut followed by a hearty breakfast of freshly baked bread, pastries and pizza from the local bakery and a selection of local meats, cheeses and seasonal fruits. What a way to start the day!
Price from £239 per person.
A minimum number of guests is required for each experience. These cannot be booked online, please call us to pre-book these experiences.
- Return flights
- Stay in central Florence and the enchanting medieval town of Volterra in three-star superior and four-star hotels with breakfast and four dinners
- Guided tour of Florence, pearl of the Renaissance
- Visit to the Uffizi, one of the finest art galleries in the world
- New Inclusion - Day 4: Sample exquisite wines at a typical Cantina in Tuscany
- Visit to Pisa, home of the leaning tower
- Visit to San Gimignano, one of Italy's most beautiful villages
- Guided tour of Siena, one of the finest medieval cities
- Stunning countryside
- 'Personalise Your Holiday'Tour Florence in a Fiat 500, explore the winding streets and magnificent sights of Florence, steered by a local guide in a truly classic car and Italian favourite.Call us to pre-book this experience.
- Experience the hauntingly beautiful Tuscan countryside
- 'Personalise Your Holiday'Tuscany in a hot air balloon, take to the skies for an early morning flight over the spectacular Tuscan countryside.Call us to pre-book this experience.
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at a supplement from £249 per person.The price includes seven nights’ accommodationwith breakfast and fourdinners, all tours as mentioned, timed visit to the Uffizi gallery (reservation and entrance fees included), wine tasting in Tuscany, airport departure taxes and transfers, flights as mentioned and the services of a Riviera Travel tour manager.Where hotels feature a swimming pool, this will be open summer months, weather permitting.
- Not included
- Should you wish to climb the Leaning Tower of Pisa, entrance is €18, approximate cost, and payable locally.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride - See 'Personalise Your Holiday' section for details.
- Tour Florence in a Fiat 500 -See 'Personalise Your Holiday' section for details.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).