Burgundy, Dijon & the Rhone Valley
Beautiful Burgundy is synonymous with world-class wine and landscapes reminiscent of Tuscany, with sun-kissed vineyards, rolling verdant hills, and some of the most picturesque villages in France. Lush expanses of unspoilt countryside are criss-crossed by meandering streams and rivers, from the Loire to the Yonne, linking the multitude of towns that are treasure troves waiting to be discovered. All along the animated Saône river are towns tracing their origins to Gallo-Roman ports that continued to thrive during the Middle Ages. Many of the towns and villages dotting the region simply ooze medieval charm – it’s a trip back in time seeing timber-framed houses in a maze of cobbled alleys and arcades!
- Return flights or standard class reserved seats on Eurostar and TGV (French high-speed train) from London St. Pancras
- Seven nights in four-star accommodation, with breakfast and two dinners
- Tour of Lyon, the second city of France and its gastronomic capital
- Visit to charming Vienne, once a major centre of the Roman empire
- Visit to Cluny, once home to Europe’s most powerful monastery
- Guided visit to Château de Cormartin
- Guided walking tour of medieval Beaune, Burgundy’s wine capital, plus a tour and tasting at a local winemaker’s
- Visit to Fontenay Abbey, the world’s oldest Cistercian abbey Visit to Flavigny-sur-Ozerain, named one of France’s most beautiful villages
- Guided walking tour of Dijon, capital city of Burgundy, famed for its mustard
- Drive through the Route des Grands Crus, the region’s most famous wine road
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- The price of this holiday is per person based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at a supplement of £299 per person. Return flights or Eurostar and onward rail, transfers, seven nights’ accommodation with breakfast and 2 dinners. Guided tours of Lyon, Dijon and Beaune. Visits to Vienne, Cluny, Flavigny-sur-Ozerain, Chateau de Cormartin, Fontenay Abbey, wine tasting, all other tours as mentioned and services of a Riviera tour manager. Where the hotel features an outdoor swimming pool, pools are open during the summer months weather permitting.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).