Cruise the Heart of Europe - Five-star MS Thomas Hardy
This fifteen-day tour takes us on an amazing journey from Cologne on the Rhine, to Vienna and finally Budapest on the banks of the Danube. Our journey south takes in many incredible visits and sites, starting in Koblenz and then onto the picturesque town of Boppard, continuing through the stunning Rhine Gorge and onto beautiful Rüdesheim. Next, we cruise to Mainz and then along the River Main to Miltenberg, one of Germany’s best-preserved medieval villages.
We continue towards Würzburg situated at the head of Germany’s ‘Romantic Road’. Next day it’s onto Bamberg, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We stop in Nuremberg for a guided tour of this historic city. From here we pass through the Main-Danube canal to the picturesque river Danube, and Regensburg. We visit Passau and then onto Melk and culminate our time in Austria in classical Vienna, home of Strauss and many great composers, offering up so much wonderful architecture. Cruising into Hungary, we soon arrive in imperial Budapest, on the picturesque Danube. After a guided tour of this palatial city we spend the evening on board, where the Captain hosts another spectacular dinner, an excellent finale to this most comprehensive and yet relaxing cruise.
- Admire the stunning scenery of the Rhine Gorge, Main and Danube
- Guided tour of 2,000 year-old Koblenz
- Stop in picturesque Boppard
- Rüdesheim, a true Rhineland wine town
- Visit to Mainz, once home to Gutenberg - father of modern printing
- See Miltenberg, one of Germany’s best preserved medieval towns
- Experience Wertheim, one of the most attractive medieval towns in Germany
- Guided tour of baroque Würzburg
- Walking tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bamberg
- Tour of Nuremberg, steeped in ancient and modern history
- Visit to the amazingly preserved medieval city of Regensburg
- Stop in Passau, the confluence of the Danube, Inn and Ilz rivers
- Visit Melk Abbey, the majestic Benedictine monastery
- Guided tour of Vienna, city of the Hapsburgs
- Day in Budapest with guided tour, absorb the unique atmosphere
- Return flights from selected airports or outbound Eurostar from St Pancras and inbound flight from Budapest to selected airports
- 14 night's full-board accommodation
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).