Cruise the Heart of Europe - Five-star MS Jane Austen
This fifteen-day tour takes you on an amazing journey from Cologne in the heart of the Rhine valley to Vienna and finally Budapest on the banks of the Danube. Your floating accommodation will be one of the most luxurious vessels cruising the inland waterways of Europe. You will be suitably impressed with the high quality, sumptuous accommodation and simply delicious cuisine in such stylish and relaxing surroundings.
Our journey south takes in so many incredible visits and sites starting in Koblenz and then onto the picturesque town of Boppard, continuing through the stunning Rhine Gorge and onto beautiful Rudesheim, one of the most famous wine towns on the Rhine. Next, we cruise to Mainz and then along the river Main to Miltenberg, one of Germany’s best-preserved medieval villages.
The cruise continues towards Wurzburg situated at the head of Germany’s ‘Romantic Road’ where we have a walking tour and time to visit the amazing baroque palace. Next day it’s onto Bamberg, quite simply one of the most beautiful small towns in Europe and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Having seen so much we are still only at our halfway point on our cruise. Next we berth in Nuremberg for a guided tour of this historic city, probably most remembered as the location of the trials at the end of WWII. From here we pass through the Main-Danube canal to the picturesque river Danube, one of the most romantic and beautiful rivers in the world, and our first stop, Regensburg.
Over the next few days we take in so much that Bavaria, Austria and Hungary can offer. We stop in Passau and then onto Melk and culminate our time in Austria in classical Vienna, home of Strauss and many great composers. This city offers up so much wonderful architecture as well as a host of other things to see including the Spanish riding school.
Cruising into Hungary, we soon arrive in imperial Budapest, straddling the picturesque Danube. After a guided tour of this palatial city we spend the evening on board, where the Captain hosts another spectacular dinner, an excellent finale to this most comprehensive and yet relaxing cruise.
- Admire the stunning scenery of the Rhine Gorge, Main and Danube
- Guided tour of 2,000 year-old Koblenz
- Stop in picturesque Boppard
- Rüdesheim, a true Rhineland wine town
- Visit to Mainz, once home to Gutenberg - father of modern printing
- See Miltenberg, one of Germany’s best preserved medieval towns
- Experience Wertheim, one of the most attractive medieval towns in Germany
- Guided tour of baroque Würzburg
- Walking tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bamberg
- Tour of Nuremberg, steeped in ancient and modern history
- Visit to the amazingly preserved medieval city of Regensburg
- Stop in Passau, the confluence of the Danube, Inn and Ilz rivers
- Visit Melk Abbey, the majestic Benedictine monastery
- Guided tour of Vienna, city of the Hapsburgs
- Guided tour of Bratislava, capital of Slovakia
- Day in Budapest with guided tour, absorb the unique atmosphere
- Prices are per person, based on two people sharing a twin cabin with a limited number of single cabins available on all decks, at the relevant supplement. The price includes full board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day; if you choose to travel with us on any of the full day excursions by coach, a packed lunch will be provided. Anyone choosing to stay on the ship may of course have lunch in the restaurant; morning/afternoon tea and coffee; all visits and excursions as mentioned in the brochure, airport transfers, coach travel as mentioned, travel to and from port of embarkation and the services of a Riviera Travel Tour Manager.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).