Canada's Rocky Mountaineer
The Canadian Rockies must surely rank amongst the very finest scenic and wildlife holidays on earth! The magnificent Rocky Mountains are Canada’s crowning glory: home to bears, majestic elk, moose and beaver with vast forests that seem to go on forever. Opaque lakes of stunning emerald green and turquoise glassy waters reflect the magnificent scenery like no other place on earth as they sparkle in the sunlight. Carpets of wild flowers bedeck the green meadows spread beneath the towering glaciers - huge expanses of brilliant white ice and snow, contrasting with the muted greys and pinks of the jagged peaks.
We travel alonga monument to man’s engineering prowess, the ‘road of steel’ that is the great Trans-Canadian railway, on the incredible Rocky Mountaineer train. Crossing high passes, deep ravines and innumerable spectacular bridges, places that can only be seen by rail, the Rocky Mountaineer is acknowledged as the ultimate way to travel through the beautifully rugged terrain of Alberta and British Columbia. Finally, we arrive in Vancouver, nestling beside the immense majesty of the Pacific Ocean, which ranks alongside Sydney, Cape Town and San Francisco as one of the world’s most naturally beautiful panoramas. With its gleaming glass skyscrapers reflected in the azure-blue ocean, Canada’s third-largest city is a fascinating and cosmopolitan metropolis encircled by water and mountains.
Our seven-night cruise with Holland America Line to Alaska is available as an extension to the tour on all departures, please see our separate tour itinerary under our Worldwide destinations listing.
- Explore some of the most spectacular alpine scenery in the world on a stunning two day journey through the majestic Rockies on the incredible Rocky Mountaineer train between Banff and Vancouver
- Extend your nine-day holiday with a 7-night Alaska luxury cruise through the ‘Inside Passage’ with Holland America Line, visiting the awe-inspiring World Heritage Site of Glacier Bay National Park
- Return direct flights from London Gatwick and connections from Manchester
- Travel on the Icefields Parkway, one of the world’s most scenic highways and walk on the 300-metre thick Athabasca glacier
- Stay, and tour, in Vancouver, a vibrant, sophisticated city overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- Excellent hand-picked superior three-star accommodation
- Enjoy optional glacier helicopter flights, bear and whale-watching, fishing, kayaking, hiking and even dog-sledding, amongst the huge selection of shore excursions on our Alaska cruise
- Option to travel on the spectacular White Pass and Yukon Railroad for guests on the Alaska Cruise
- Two breakfasts and two lunches included on Rocky Mountaineer, plus seven days full board on the Alaska cruise
- Escorted by our experienced Riviera tour manager
- The price of this holiday is per person based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability from a supplement from £309 per person (for Manchester departures add £65). The price includes scheduled flights to Calgary, returning from Vancouver; 7 nights on room-only basis, staying in superior three-star hotels (medium class in Kamloops, arranged directly by the Rocky Mountaineer); guided visits to Lake Louise, Peyto Lakeand the Athabasca Glacier aboard a Snocoach; two breakfasts, twolunches,selected drinksand staff gratuitiesaboard theRocky Mountaineer train; tour of Vancouver; all transfers and porterage of one item of luggage per person; the services of a Riviera tour manager.
- Manchester departures
- Prices include standard class rail ticket on the day before your flight to Calgary from Manchester, Liverpool, Chester, Stockport, Stoke, Stafford & Crewe to Gatwick Airport and one night at the four-star Sofitel Gatwick Airport on bed and breakfast basis. Applies to trains arriving in Euston after 16.00 hrs. On your return from Vancouver the flight will return you direct to Manchester Airport, arriving at approx 09.05 hrs.
- Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf Service from £449
- Upgrade to the double-decker GoldLeaf Dome carriage with its panoramic wrap-round windows that make you feel right in the middle of the breathtaking scenery! Guests also have access to the open-air observation vestibule at the end of each carriage. Impeccable service is complimented with 3-course gourmet dining in the lower-level dining room. Cost per person from £449 for all datesor from £333 for 2016. GoldLeaf upgrade is not bookable online, please call us on 01283 742300 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm to book this option.
- Health Matters
- There are no current health requirements for Canada.
- Whilst the travelling schedule shall pose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we would point out that we often enjoy walking tours (sometimes over unmade paths) of the various places of interest. This tour also reaches an altitude of 5,700ft and temperature variations can be unpredictable, especially during spring and autumn. For these reasons this holiday may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. Please bear this in mind when considering this holiday.
- To make the most of your trip, we recommend you check the Foreign Office website at www.fco.gov.uk/travel or call the Foreign Office Travel Advice Unit on 0845 850 2829.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).