Canada’s Rocky Mountaineer
Experience the magnificent Rocky Mountains, travel along the ‘road of steel’ and finally arrive at Vancouver as one of the most naturally beautiful cities.The Canadian Rockiesmust surely rank amongst the very finest of scenic and wildlife holidays on earth. The magnificent Rocky Mountains are Canada’s crowning glory and we stay in Banff, the very heart of the mountains.
The magnificent Rocky Mountains are Canada’s crowning glory: home to bears, majestic elk, moose and beaver, with vast forests that seem to go on forever. Opaque lakes of stunning emerald green and turquoise reflect the magnificent scenery like no other place on earth. Carpets of wild flowers bedeck the green meadows spread beneath the towering glaciers - huge expanses of brilliant white ice and snow, contrasting with the muted greys and pinks of the jagged peaks. We stay in Banff, the very heart of the mountains, then travel along a monument to man’s engineering prowess, the ‘road of steel’ that is the great Trans-Canadian railway, on the incredible Rocky Mountaineer train. Crossing high passes, deep ravines and innumerable spectacular bridges, places that can only be seen by rail, the Rocky Mountaineer is acknowledged as the ultimate way to travel through the beautifully rugged terrain of Alberta and British Columbia.
Finally, we arrive in Vancouver, nestling beside the immense majesty of the Pacific Ocean, which ranks alongside Sydney, Cape Town and San Francisco as one of the world’s most naturally beautiful panoramas. With its gleaming glass skyscrapers reflected in the azure-blue ocean, Canada’s third largest city is a fascinating and cosmopolitan metropolis encircled by water and mountains.
- Experience the drama of the magnificent Rocky Mountains in unrivalled luxury on the Rocky Mountaineer train, the ultimate way to travel across this breath-taking terrain.
- Enjoy impeccable SilverLeaf service with 2 days on board the Rocky Mountaineer, including two breakfasts and two lunches. Upgrade available at a supplement
- Guided visits to Lake Louise, Peyto Lake and the Athabasca Glacier plus ride on the Snocoach and a tour of Vancouver.
- Travel on the Icefields Parkway, one of the world's most scenic highways, and walk on the 300-metre-thick Athabasca glacier
- Stay in Banff and Vancouver
- Return direct scheduled flights and hotel transfers with premium economy flight upgrades available at a supplement
- Services of our experienced tour manager throughout
- Stay in hand-picked three-star superior accommodation
- Selected departures from May to September 2019
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a room, flights to Calgary and returning from Vancouver, seven nights on room-only basis, staying in superior three-star hotels (medium class in Kamloops, arranged directly by the Rocky Mountaineer), two breakfasts and lunches plus selected drinks and staff gratuities on Rocky Mountaineer train, all transfers and hotel porterage of one item of luggage per person, the services of a Riviera Travel tour manager, single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement.
- Included excursions are: a tour of Vancouver, guided visits to Lake Louise, Peyto Lake and the Athabasca Glacier plus ride on the Snocoach.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).