California & the Golden West Tour
There are few places in the world that generate more iconic imagery than California and the western USA, with even fewer living up to reality! The sights and amazing natural wonders just roll off the tongue, with probably nothing more aptly named than the Grand Canyon. Then there’s Monument Valley, whose towering sandstone pillars are immortalised in countless Westerns, the Painted Desert, Yosemite, the astonishing national parks of Bryce Canyon and Zion and the lofty snow-capped peaks of the Sierra Nevada. Combine these with the allure of such genuinely unique cities as San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas and you have a destination that simply cannot be matched!
- An outstanding tour exploring western USA’s world-famous National Parks, intriguing native Indian history, amazing desert landscapes, lush forests and the lofty peaks of the Sierra Nevada, including its pulsating and unique cities
- Return direct scheduled flights from London Heathrow
- Stay in hand-picked three and four-star hotels
- Experience the stunning beauty of the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park and Yosemite. Each visit has been carefully timed to see these awe-inspiring sights when the light displays them at their most beautiful
- Wonder at timeless Monument Valley, immortalised in so many classic ‘westerns’
- Three nights in cosmopolitan San Francisco, America’s favourite city, dominated by the instantly recognisable Golden Gate Bridge
- Guided tours of Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco
- Enjoy a superb optional helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon
- Visit and stay in glitzy Las Vegas – the ‘Entertainment Capital of the World’
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room and includes scheduled direct flights to Los Angeles and returning from San Francisco, 13 nights accommodation on room only basis withfour continental breakfasts included in three and four-star hotels, all tours and National Park entrance fees as mentioned, guided city tours of Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco, porterage of one item of luggage per person, the services of a Riviera Tour Manager. Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement (date dependant) of £429 to £589 per person.
- Health Matters
- There are no current health requirements for the USA. Whilst the travelling schedule shall pose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we would point out that we often enjoy walking tours (sometimes over unmade paths) of the various places of interest. This tour also reaches an altitude of 8,000ft and temperature variations can be unpredictable, especially during spring and autumn. For these reasons this holiday may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. Please bear this in mind when considering this holiday.
- To make the most of your trip, we recommend you check the Foreign Office website at www.fco.gov.uk/travel or call the Foreign Office Travel Advice Unit on 0845 850 2829.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).