Burma and the Irrawaddy River Cruise
Imagine stepping back to a time without mobile phones, cash dispensers or even supermarkets. Imagine discovering a deeply spiritual, traditional society that’s only just opening up to the outside world. This is Burma - intriguing, alluring and still the preserve of the discerning visitor. Now’s the time to experience this remarkable country’s true authenticity before it takes its place on the tourist map..
Sailing down the Irrawaddy you’ll discover an incredible and timeless land of huge variety in topography and culture; a land rich in intriguing history and steeped in two thousand years of Buddhist civilisation and arguably the most extraordinary country in South East Asia.
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow
- Experience a or four-day luxury river cruise on board the new 5-star RV Sanctuary Ananda
- All staterooms and suites are outside cabins with private balconies
- Stay in 5-star hotels with daily breakfast
- Stay in the heart of Rangoon and see the amazing Shwedagon Pagoda, the ‘heart and soul’ of Burmese Buddhism
- Stay two nights in overwater stilt bungalows overlooking the extraordinary Inle Lake
- Gaze in awe across the plains of Bagan, studded with thousands of pagodas as far as the eye can see
- Guided tour of Mandalay and cross the world’s longest teak bridge
- See the floating gardens, cottage industries and unique water-borne life of Inle Lake
- Explore the Irrawaddy’s fascinating riverside villages, colourful local markets and intriguing Buddhist temples and pagodas
- All shore excursions and meals included whilst on the cruise
- Escorted by an experienced tour manager
- Important note on Burma & Irrawaddy river cruising
- The itinerary, timings and places visited en-route are subject to weather conditions and water levels. You will need to have a sufficient level of mobility to manage getting into small boats, walks up steps and over uneven ground. After so many years of being closed to the outside world, the general facilities in Burma outside the larger towns and hotels tend to be basic, road transport can be lengthy and service slower than in other more developed countries in South East Asia.
- Price includes
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room/cabin, four nights bed and breakfast in five-star hotels in Rangoon and Inle Lake and nine nights on full board, including non-alcoholic soft drinks, local beer and local wine at dinner on the RV Irrawaddy Explorer; all flights as mentioned; all transfers; porterage of one item of luggage per person: guided tours of Rangoon, Inle Lake, Mandalay and all shore excursions as described whilst on the cruise; gratuities for the ship’s crew; the services of a Riviera tour manager..
- Luggage allowance for internal flights is limited to one bag per person weighing no more that 20kg.
- NOT INCLUDED: Burma visa. DEPOSIT: the deposit for this tour is £500 per person
- Burma Visa
- British passport holders require a visa for Burma prior to arrival. This is available by post or in person at a cost of £14 per person from the Embassy of the Union of Myanmar, 19a Charles Street, London W1J 5DX (open Mon-Fri 10.00-12.00). Visas are valid for three months from date of issue. Please allow at least five to ten working days for processing. For more information and a visa application form, please call 0207 6294486 or see www.myanmarembassyuk.co.uk. Visa costs are subject to change and non-refundable.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).