Burgundy, the River Rhone & Provence River Cruise - 5 Star MS Lord Byron
From the lush green vineyards of Burgundy to the sun-kissed hills of Provence and the wild ruggedness of the Ardeche gorges to the medieval allure of Avignon - on this truly enthralling cruise every day is full of fascination.
We start in France’s gastronomic capital and explore the beautiful Saone and Rhone rivers, the preferred route of traders and invaders alike since the dawn of recorded history. Everywhere there are reminders of the Romans and the greatest empire of the ancient world. You will be staggered by the engineering genius of the staggering amphitheatre at Arles and the huge aqueduct at the Pont du Gard. Avignon was the seat of the Papacy during medieval times, heralding a century of greatness crowned by the absorbing Papal Palace and its stunning renaissance art collection. Van Gogh created arguably his greatest works in Provence and all this is set in some of France’s most stunning natural beauty – all waiting to be discovered on this wonderful cruise.
For all 2018 departures we now offer a drinks package, at a cost of £99 per person for this cruise. This includes the following with lunch and dinner: draught beer; non-alcoholic beer; soft drinks; juices; red, white and rose house wines; and wine recommendations from the menu.
The drinks package must be added to your booking prior to departure you can do this by calling the reservations team. If you choose not to purchase a drinks package, or you are travelling in 2017, there is a vast selection of drinks on board each ship available for individual purchase.
- Visit to Beaune, centre of the Burgundy wine region and wine tasting
- Cruise the spectacular Rhone valley
- Guided tour of Lyon, second city of France and its gastronomic capital
- Visit to charming Vienne
- Tour of the astonishing Ardeche Gorges
- Guided tour of Arles, with its extraordinary Roman remains and home of Vincent Van Gogh
- Visit to the Pont du Gard
- Tour of superbly preserved, medieval Avignon and the stunning Pope’s Palace
- Price includes full-board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day
- The Services of our experienced tour manager
- Return flights from selcted airports or Eurostar from London St Pancras
- All tours as described and full-board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).