Bruges for Solo Travellers
Bruges is renowned for being one of the most picture-perfect towns in Europe, propelled to the spotlight by the dark comedy starring Colin Farrell. Winding canals, atmospheric cobbled streets, an array of wonderful cuisine and famed art collections make this town a destination that will make you want to revisit time and again, and in our opinion, it’s ideal for anyone travelling alone for the first time.
This captivating city is famous for its artisan chocolate, smooth Belgian beers, and classic chips with mayonnaise – but there is far more to savour beyond that, and there will be plenty of opportunities to sample some of the delicious cuisine on offer at the numerous excellent restaurants and cafes that dot the city. Bruges is also home to some significant cultural artefacts, including the paintings of Rembrandt and Van Eyck, as well as Michelangelo’s beautiful sculpture of Madonna and Child. Bruges is a wonderful choice for a tour, whether it’s your first time or if you’re one of the many returning visitors who fill its bustling streets.
- Guided walking tour of historic Bruges, arguably Europe’s most perfectly preserved medieval town
- Visit to Ypres including the thought-provoking First World War battlefields
- Visit to a traditional chocolatier creating exquisite Belgian chocolates, probably the world’s finest
- Services of our experienced tour manager
- Three nights' accommodation, including all local taxes, in a choice of quality three-, four- or four-star superior centrally located hotels with breakfast
- Welcome dinner on the first night to get to know your travelling companions
- Return rail connections available on selected dates from over fifty regional stations
- Return standard class reserved seat on Eurostar from London St Pancras International and transfers to and from your hotel included
- Departures from March to October 2019
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on one person in a double/twin room for sole occupancy. The price includes a return standard class reserved seat on Eurostar coach transfer from Lille to your hotel in Bruges (approximate transfer time one hour), three nights’ accommodation with breakfast, all local accommodation taxes and the services of a Riviera Travel tour manager.
- Included excursions are a walking tour of Bruges, a chocolate making demonstration, a visit to the First World War battlefields. Occasionally the opening times of the places of interest vary, and if this happens we may change the order of the visits on this tour.
- Not included in the price is entrance fee to the ‘Halve Maan’ brewery museum which is approximately €7.50 and payable locally, the boat trip which is approximately €6.40 and payable locally, entrance to the Flanders Field museum which is approximately €7 and payable locally, entrance to the Passchendaele Memorial Museum which is approximately €7 payable locally.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).