Berlin & Dresden for Solo Travellers
On this intriguingly varied tour, we visit two of Europe’s great cultural cities, Berlin and Dresden. The outpouring of joy and energy that accompanied the fall of the Berlin Wall, now over twenty years ago, has rekindled Berlin’s legendary vibrancy and the city throbs with new life. Dresden is perhaps more sedate yet equally revelling in its renewed splendour. Before the last war it was Germany’s most beautiful city due to its amazing art treasures and imposing baroque buildings. After severe bomb damage, it has now been almost completely restored.
We will also experience the traditional Germany of small towns, picturesque villages and rolling countryside. Another face of Germany is medieval Meissen, where the most stunningly beautiful porcelain is crafted by highly skilled artisans in the only factory in Europe where the processes are still completed entirely by hand.Finally and in complete contrast we visit Colditz Castle, the famous Second World War Prisoner of War camp for serial escapees. This tour contains some fascinating insights to Germany, its vibrant and remarkable cities; striking countryside; and its past, present and future.
- Return flights
- Four nights in four-star superior accommodation with breakfast and a welcome dinner
- Guided tour of Berlin, probably the 20th century’s most tumultuous city, now home to Norman Foster’s Reichstag, ‘Check Point Charlie’, the DDR (former East Germany) Museum, some of the world’s finest archaeological and fine art museums plus an eclectic ambience
- Walking tour of Dresden, ‘Florence of the Elbe’, home to one of the world’s greatest art collections, formerly capital of the Kings of Saxony
- Visit and tour of the Meissen porcelain studio
- Visit to Colditz Castle of Second World War prisoner of war fame
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- The price of this holiday is per person, based on one person in a double/twin room for sole occupancy. The price includes return flights, two nights at both the Hotel Maritim or the Pro Arte Hotel in Berlin and theHotel Maritim in Dresden with breakfast, welcome dinner, return transfers, guided tour of Berlin,walking tour of Dresden, visit and tour of Colditz Castle and museum, visit and tour of Meissen porcelain factory,all touring as mentioned, services of a Riviera tour manager.
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).