Art & Literature of World War One
The First World War was the turning point of modern history and culture, the horror and brutality experienced by so many in turn inspiring powerful and beautiful art and literature as people sought to understand, make others understand and express their own feelings and views on war.
With expert Mike Hope you will visit the key battlefields, cemeteries and museums of Flanders, including Ypres, where you will explore the influence that this brutal war had on art, literature and the British psyche.
The group size on this tour is limited to 25 passengers to ensure that smaller sites can be visited and that you get a high level of attention.
- Return Eurostar from St Pancras to Lille
- Three nights' bed and breakfast at the three-star Belle Hotel, Bailleul, based on shared occupancy of a twin/double room
- Two lectures, a welcome drink on the first night and two dinners with wine at the hotel's restaurant
- Light lunch at the Hooge Crater Museum
- Coaching throughout the tour and entrance fees
- Mike Hope and tour manager throughout
Holiday Provided By
Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions of travel (this link opens in a new window).
per person for 3 nights